1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TO ALL D&D MEMBERS: Time to Tone It Down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jeff, Jan 11, 2011.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

"It is over the idiots won - President Trump"

I guess DaDa missed the memo.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, but the idiots obviously did.

This thread's very existence is pretty amazing.

Read the initial post, then think of the current POTUS particular pathology in relation thereto as well as his concept of lines and decency, and the minority of clowns who were OK with that, a group that appears to include you, dear friend.

Also ironic: the nauseating number of mass shootings that occured since then, but forget those people because...rights, or whatever.

Yeah, the idiots and the trolls won.

**** them and all, but we'll be back.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Quite tacky of you to be so disrespectful in a thread intended to "tone it down". Grow up, Sam.

4. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

No I didn't vote for Trump, idiot. I can call you an idiot since you called everyone who voted for Trump that, right? It's only fair, after all. Once again, decency falls by the wayside in the face of petty political differences. Liberals have to take every election so personally. Then, when they lose, they lash out. Sad, really.

basso likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is the part where we talk about false equivalence and stuff, but you're making a decency argument while defending the p***y grabber in chief and his minority of morally compromised supporters.

No point to continue.

Suffice it to say - the Republicans ended up with a racist clown, latwr installed by Russians, because they spent decades sipping from the toilet bowl of racism and anti intellectualism.

It is their fault. They did this voluntarily.

Deckard and DudeWah like this.
  6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Actually Obama's terrible performance played a large role in the public's desire for a change candidate.

basso likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wrong again it was the GOP's terrible performance of not wanting to work with President Obama that changed the public's will for change and all those that voted for this present GOP order will see that it may have been a bad move.

8. Dei

Dei Member

Obama didn't negotiate with the GOP then went to the media to cry. The guy was notoriously an introvert. He wasn't good at dealing with people. He didn't know how to approach people from the GOP to negotiate terms to which they could meet.

Remember how he said he wanted transparency at the start of his administration? Well, he went on to run the most opaque one ever. Boehner's said he's been through several presidents and it's only with Obama that things got so bad.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are making up your own history regardless of what actually happened. If that's how you need to deal, then I guess it's up to you.

Here's what really happened.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/07/the-real-story-of-obamacares-birth/397742/

Yung-T likes this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Were are you getting your info from the fact have shown the GOP didn't want to work with President Obama . As far Boehner that cry baby doesn't known his hand from a hole in his head.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think we're supposed to have our arguments in the rest of the forum, not here. This thread is an attempt by Jeff, in my opinion, to introduce and promote more comity in D&D. You know, "Can't we all just get along?" In my humble opinion, part of getting along includes not posting one lie after another, and defending one lie after another by various people including, particularly at this point in time, defending every single utterance by our recently "elected" president despite knowing full well that the man is lying. That's not attempting to get along. That's quite the opposite. Again, in my humble opinion.

Of course, if those lies are claimed to be "alternative facts" (that's how one of the president's top advisers describes said elected official's false utterances - his lies - on national TV), how can someone support the man and maintain an ounce of personal integrity? Ignoring completely or defending the flaws of a person "elected" to the nation's highest office, particularly that person's lies told to the nation over and over again, when it is perfectly obvious that they are lies, provides the answer. Said member, whoever he or she is, HAS no personal integrity. Their integrity has been flushed down the toilet by their own hand. I think some of you need to get your head down in that toilet that is your apparent life, stick your head down there and grab that lost integrity by your teeth. Grab it and take it back. It's within your grasp.

Good luck. You are going to need it. Luck, and a genuine interest in regaining what integrity you possessed in the first place. Perhaps then that elusive comity can return to D&D and we can all be civil to one another.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no point to the D&D anymore. It's been overrun by the alt-right.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Not if you put them on ignore.

Deckard likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That would eliminate all the conversation.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You posted, "There is no point to the D&D anymore. It's been overrun by the alt-right."
    If that's your opinion, why are you complaining? Just don't visit the forum. I have several, but not all, "Alt-Right" members on ignore, with my list still expanding. I still find reasons to post down here. It may not be as pleasant or as interesting as D&D used to be, but it isn't a waste of my time, either.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There is a qualitative difference between our regular long time far right posters like bigtexxx and the more recent alt-right nazi-wannabe trolls like Dei & rocketslegend.

CometsWin and Deckard like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the fact that there isn't any substantive debate going on here. Everything is based on ridiculous premises or falsehoods.

I'm glad you still see value. You're a good man, keep up the good fight.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

The key is: don't put anyone on ignore. Be able to handle the opinions most diametrically opposed to you. I listen to Rush (11-2), Hannity (2-5), and Levin (7-10) almost every day (if course, only when I'm in the car and running an errand). It's good to get the opposing viewpoint. It's especially fun listening to those 3 lose their **** and come up with the most cockamamie theories.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I agree. But rather than listen to right wing political talk radio (perhaps simply saying political talk radio is sufficient) I will scan foxnews web site to get the latest right win talking points. I find the talk radio shows too grinding on the eardrums (though occasionally William Bennett, Michael Medved and Hugh Hewitt can present their ideas without the hate you hear from Rush, Hannity, Savage, Levin, et al.