1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Matt Barnes accused of choking woman

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by craguin, Dec 5, 2016.

1. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Question: Why did he flee the scene if he did no wrong?....smh

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not the brightest bulb on the porch.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol. Media conspiracy!

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I believe your dumbass was drinking Hennessy on Snapchat with the Marcus cousins when they cancel the game in Philadelphia. And that alcohol makes you do dumbass **** like choke b****es and punch random dudes in night clubs

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

We've brought much progress into the 21st century when leading figures can give you "Grab 'em by the p**ssy" and "Man hit tha sh** out dat n***a!"

6. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

I wish Barnes would do this to himself:

7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

The victim's attorney claims to have the hospital records, marks on the victim, surveillance footage and witnesses. Slam dunk case if true.

Are teams allowed to rip up contracts in these circumstances?

MajorSeanBond likes this.
  8. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

benoit benjamin

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm a Matt Barnes fan, and while I know I'm in the minority, Matt is a good guy. Seriously, during his time in PHX, I was able to have quite a few conversations with him, and he also invited me to a charity benefit.

He plays a villain on the court, but that's part of the reason he's still in the league. He's an enforcer. Still, at his age, he puts together good games and is dependable.

With that said, if he's guilty of all of these accusations, I'd be very disappointed. He seemed to be finally moving forward after the drama with Gloria/FlopFish. I'm sure he's worried about custody of his boys.

Richie_Rich, macho GRANDE and craguin like this.
  10. RightTooCensor

The Kings would be smart to trade Cousins immediately before footage of this surfaces. It's almost certain he'll both get suspended and take a huge hit to his reputation.

11. craguin

craguin Member

Original Source:
    [Graham Rayman -NEW YORK DAILY NEWS - Friday, December 9, 2016, 1:30 PM] NYPD closing in on arrest of NBA's Matt Barnes for allegedly assaulting woman at NYC nightclub
    "Jasmine Besiso, 26, and her boyfriend, Myrone Powell, 35, filed a federal lawsuit against Barnes and Cousins on Thursday. Besiso claims Barnes choked her into unconsciousness.
    Powell had two black eyes when he appeared at a press conference announcing the suit Thursday. His lawyer Michael Lamonsoff claims Cousins sucker-punched Powell in the side of his head. Powell was then stomped and hit by Barnes and other members of his entourage, according to the lawyer."

Ham's article:

[James Ham - CSN California - December 09, 2016 12:03 PM] Report: NYPD closing in on arresting Kings forward Matt Barnes

More from the Sacramento Bee:

[Ailene Voisin - Sacramento Bee - December 8, 2016 7:34 PM] Incident involving Barnes, Cousins an unnecessary distraction
    "Jasmine got up to leave to avoid the ruckus,” Lamonsoff said from his New York office, “and that’s when Barnes came over and choked her. Her boyfriend intervened and tried to stop Barnes, at which point he was sucker-punched by DeMarcus Cousins. Barnes and Cousins just started pummeling (Powell), and other members of their entourage joined in, beating and kicking my client while he was on the ground. While Jasmine and Myrone went to the hospital, Barnes and Cousins took off before the cops got there."

#31 craguin, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

And the Warriors choked a 3-1 lead

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Is it too soon to insert a "Is Matt Barnes gonna have to choke a b****??" Meme.

Probably. I'll stay away from it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

From the game yesterday. Me trolling his ass on Snap:

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. craguin

craguin Member

[New York Post - 2/1/2017] Matt Barnes surrenders to cops over nightclub brawl
    Basketball bad boy Matt Barnes surrendered to NYPD cops on Wednesday and was booked in connection to a barroom brawl back in December, law enforcement sources said. [...]
    Barnes was released without bail, and will have to show up in a Manhattan courtroom at a later date.

[New York Daily News - 2/1/2017] NBA star Matt Barnes surrenders to cops for Chelsea nightclub assault
    Fellow Sacramento King DeMarcus Cousins, 26, was in the club, but was not involved in the fight and is not facing charges, police said.

#36 craguin, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This seems more like a slam on d fish

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - maybe in person he is nice but in actions Matt Barnes is a douche.

DD

D-rock likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe he can sit with the Larry O'Brien trophy during court. "Ah, shucks....case dismissed."