1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TMZ) John Salley implies Carmelo to Lakers done deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I pray LA gives Melo many minutes in the playoffs if he ends up there...BBQ chicken

arabrocket likes this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If there is a GM in the NBA who mentions PER in trade negotiations, then that is a GM about to be fired.

I mean, I get your point - why would they trade something for Melo, who might get cut? But no way in hell the negotiation is about PER!!

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It’s just a baseline for who is doing multiple things well or better than others. For example who just rebounds and doesn’t shoot or who shoots 3’s but doesn’t rebound.

What I put was Zubac and MeGee are doing more than Melo as evident by PER.

Don’t get your panties in a wad.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ok

5. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao at some hoping for Kuzma.

Kuzma is currently breaking out. Dude is averaging 22/7/3 the past few weeks.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was JOKING. If anyone ran with it, I'd apologize for his stupidity.

slothy420, Plowman, saleem and 2 others like this.
  7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

doubt he'll get consistent minutes there without screwing up their team's record

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I was just making a joke! PER is a terrible stat!

Zubac is 3rd string C for LA, but they have a first round pick sitting behind him, so would they move on a 3-4th string C to get Melo?
    The benefit of Zubac is that he is an excellent rim runner - would be very handy in Houston should Nene get moved (it's a business)

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’ve seen your dislike for the PER stat before.

Zubac averages 2-pts a game....so he must be doing something right. Blocks, rebounds asts, etc.
    Even in trash time it’s hard to trade the guy for a player like Melo who everyone knows will probably
    be bought-out or waived by the trading deadline/after.

Reminds me of NY Knicks who could’ve waited and done nothing and nabbed Melo in the summer. They
    played nice and traded a lot for Melo. In retrospect they probably should have done nothing.

So will the Lakers do us a solid favor and trade MeGee to us. His 21 PER means he is doing a good job in
    their system. Zubac is just below average. Maybe in trash time; but you can’t teach height. The rule of thumb
    is or has been 7-footers are gold; because there are so few in the world that actually play basketball an NBA level.

So it’s play nice or just get him when waived. Lakers supposedly are saving their young players for an A Davis trade.
    Zubac or MeGee contract might be needed as filler to get them to the proper level. They would kick themselves
    if that amount was traded for Melo.

saleem likes this.
  10. sogood.

sogood. Member

Wouldn't mind Beasley back.

saleem and BigShasta like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Come get your banana boat buddies.

slothy420, saleem and Vivi like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I don't run the team."

HappyImportantFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Maury Show - The Lie Detector said that was a Lie.

Sajan likes this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Well so far they don't have any, but soon to have 1... and Melo is plenty washed up for an entire team.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

If Melo can prevent the Lakers from reaching the playoffs, then I am fully onboard with this!

Get it done. Whoever it is that's running the Lakers.

kevtse likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...ron-james-carmelo-anthony-20181218-story.html

LeBron James dined with Carmelo Anthony at a steakhouse in Manhattan and a day later — while inside the visitor’s locker room at Barclays Center — expressed a desire to bring his buddy to the Lakers.

In between, James took a loss to the hottest team in the NBA – the Brooklyn Nets.

The shorthanded Lakers sure looked like they could use another capable body as they were outgunned Tuesday night, 115-110, despite LeBron’s robust 36-point, 13-rebound, 8-assist performance.

It was all very clearly frustrating to James, who shot his teammates dirty looks throughout the contest and presented the body language of an annoyed teenager.

Anthony, meanwhile, remains exiled from the Houston Rockets but still on their roster. If and when he is waived, the Lakers are certainly a top candidate for his services.

The pair of future Hall of Famers have often talked about teaming up. Unfortunately for Knicks fans and James Dolan’s legacy, that never happened at the Garden. But the Staples Center is on the table.

“We’ll see. I don’t run the team,” said James, who on Monday night was spotted by TMZ leaving a restaurant with Anthony. “There are obviously things that need to be worked out on both sides. But I’ve always wanted to play with Melo, and if the opportunity presents itself, it’ll be great. So we’ll see what happens.”

LeBron’s low moment Tuesday night was getting blocked on a dunk attempt by Brooklyn’s Jarrett Allen in the first quarter. It immediately made the rounds on social media, a surefire SportsCenter top-10 highlight of the King meeting his match at the rim.

James, 33, blamed age. The Nets (14-18) have won an NBA-high six consecutive games.

“He’s in his 20s and I’m in my 30s. It takes me a little longer to get warmed up,” said James, who is 13 years older than Allen. “But that’s fine with me. He’s a shot blocker. You can get a block. It happens.”

James couldn’t use that excuse when his team was squeezed down the stretch by 33-year-old Jared Dudley. The veteran forward, whose vertical is not much greater than yours, scored 10 of his 13 points in the fourth quarter, including a 23-foot jumper in LeBron’s face with 53 seconds left to give the Nets a five-point advantage.

“(Dudley’s) that guy you play with at the park, the guy who has the tattered sneakers, he’s like 42 years old, but the darn guy stays on the floor and his teams are always winning,” Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said. “You want that guy when you go to the park.”

So LeBron left Brooklyn without a victory and without Carmelo. He shot an airball with 11 seconds left, jacking up an ill-advised 31-footer that appeared borne from frustration. Maybe James’ buddy will join him in another city.

A 1-3 road trip for the Lakers (18-13) had him yearning for more.

“We don’t just take the losses and throw them away, not in the wild, wild west (ern conference) when every game counts,” James said. “Every game matters, and we could have had a really good road trip but going 1-2 is definitely not the way that we would like to have it.”

Vivi likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

18. verysimplejason

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd take a future 2nd for him though.

More potential than any of those other guys.

coyotetex likes this.
  20. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

This. I feel certain that Morey will pull the trigger on a 2nd round pick along with any scenario that reduces the Rockets cap hit.