1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Derrick Rose Accused of Gang Rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by matty101, Aug 26, 2015.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Love it.

Lawyer: "Derrick....we need to remove you from the 'we men' comment and the stigma that you're not an intelligent and humble guy. We need to judge to believe this was a cash grab"

Rose: "Okay"

Prosecutor: "Mr. Rose, do you know the term 'consent'?"

Rose: "Nope"

Prosecutor: "....can you elaborate? Do you or do you not know the meaning of the word 'consent'?"

Rose: "...........we men"

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I wonder if this would be bigger news if it was Chandler Parsons instead of Rose.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't run trains on drunk b****es y'all.

5. Asian Sensation

Damnit Rose! It's... I'm here for the g*ngbang not We here for the g*ngbang.

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Do not contribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity.

They aren't cocky or arrogant. Just plain stupid.

You can count the all stars on one hand that are actually intelligent. Lebron comes to mind. Everyone else is just a stupid person doing what stupid people do.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

I know there are plenty of stories of women who lied about stuff like this to get money from 'stars', but this is sounding really fishy. Also I think anytime a person brings in friends to have sex with the same person, they have a major screw lose. It's creepy as hell, even with consent it's downright degrading, disgusting and inappropriate. It's good to remember these guys are basketball players, generally not the smartest people in the world, and not worthy of being looked up to.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Don't ever visit a Swingers Club.
    There are groups of people that think group sex is normal
    Their are those that want a walk on the wild side.

I agree. It is not for me . .. but nowadays nothing is really off limits

Rocket River

9. hakeemthagreat

Ofcourse not. This would be a non story & he'd be given the benefit of doubt. We all know how this works:rolleyes:

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Judge in Derrick Rose lawsuit rules that sexual assault accuser must reveal her name at trial (via <a href="https://twitter.com/washingtonpost">@washingtonpost</a>).</p>&mdash; Dan Werly (@WerlySportsLaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/WerlySportsLaw/status/778334069868392448">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Derrick Rose -- Rape Accuser Must Reveal Identity ... Judge Rules <a href="https://t.co/kl5JVac2Nl">https://t.co/kl5JVac2Nl</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/778350426693394432">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That's just wrong.
    Whilst I have no idea whether Rose is innocent or not, how on earth will other girls/women come forward with legitimate rape allegations with the likelihood their name will be published, when they simply want justice and to remain private.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

In most circumstances I'd agree, but apparently she's been doing a bunch of media interviews. Not the type of thing a person who simply wants to remain private would do.

13. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

I think the fact that this is a civil case and not a criminal case might also have something to do with the Judge releasing her name.

Although will make it interesting if the police press charges

14. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

WTF? I totally agree with Rose on the fact that you should have the right to know who is accusing you of a crime. It's like when the prosecutors have to show the defense all of their evidence before trial. It is your right to defend yourself.

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Rose already knows who the person is. The judge is ordering the name to be made public.

16. Lovemachine2000

Serious bro? Rose obviously knows the identity of the accuser, the ruling is regarding the court documents.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Maybe he watches Ray Donovan? I don't know if it's a big show in the US, but it's pretty big here. The first episode was about professional gold diggers. Get an NBA guy in bed, collect his 'stuff', go to a fertility doctor, get a baby, profit.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd have to think it's common practice for rich, famous males to personally see to it that the used condom and seed is disposed of.

19. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Oh okay. I thought he was being accused without knowing who it even is.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree with this. Anonymity might be warranted in a criminal case. But anonymous lawsuits isn't a road I'd want us to go down. I feel bad for her if the criminal case isn't strong enough to pursue an indictment and she has to choose between a tough road in a civil suit and getting no justice at all. But anonymity in civil suits would create some perverse incentives.