1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Derrick Rose Accused of Gang Rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by matty101, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol,... Yeah, he cheated for sure, I wonder what the SAT requirement even is for an athlete at Memphis.

You'd think with his money now, his attorney and PR reps could have at least have had him respond better than "we men"... I mean Wtf kinda answer is that????

On a side note, I know some guys have a tough upbringing, maybe hard time in school growing up due to a poverty situation, and for Rose basketball was a clear shot out of a hard working lifestyle for him, but now with his money... Hire a PR rep, get a better education, and avoid being fooled by your "friends" when all your money is gone. I'm hoping he at least got an Allen Iverson type trust, because if not, his choosing of "we men" isn't going to help with ads/endorsements, then again if he really is that bad of a guy maybe it would be a reality check.

I mean if Rose was able to run a pro offense and has the dedication for the NBA (well had... Injuries def derailed it), he should ****ing know better than to damn himself on the stand. I mean his comments about his knees and being able to walk after his career??? Wtf, lol, he's not a God damn running back... And he sure as hell isn't playing when players used to practically kill each other with flagrant fouls that were called as regular fouls...

If this case goes away he should probably just avoid talking and avoid the press for a while... Because they're definitely going to have a field day..

Tl;dr "we men" Wtf??????

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Damn, he Nate Parker'd her.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

His brother is his manager and is even dumber. He wont hire anyone. "We men, wez dont trust no one outside the fam"

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek::eek::eek:

5. BackdoorHarden

Rose is dumbier than TThompson!!! CAVS are now cursed

[​IMG]

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Damn these dudes better be careful. Khloe goes raw.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wouldn't let him or his little baby Werner anywhere near me

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lol Yeah I've said that about a few players media and fans label as a good example against a bad example, but its mischaracterizing them. Like how D Wade was the "Anti-Kobe" and humble. Then later on with the Miami Big 3 D Wade then all of sudden became all "arrogant"...when really he's the same exact guy. Really ANY professional athlete except rare exceptions are COCKY and arrogant as hell. (Or yeah, some not too sharp)

10. Shroopy2

Really all he has to do is play 80% to his former prime 65+ gms/yr and and win games in NY, and he'll come out alright. Though its big ifs still for Rose

And like Raptors "We The North", Knicks motto will be "We MEN" !

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hookers are not some rare and priceless service providers unavailable to the common man.

also, pretty much everyone gets laid. Your logic of "Rose doesn't need to rape anyone". No one "needs" to rape.

You argument basically says men are rape machines unless they are swimming in sex offers.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Men don't need to rape, because we men.

13. andersongo

andersongo Member

What really is the issue with the "we men..." response of Rose. The guy is an inarticulate moron and will not finesse his answers but there does not seem to be anything nefarious in the statement itself. Rose was simply responding to a question about the intent of his visit to the alleged victim's house. His answer is brutally honest: "To have sex". Should he have pretended that THIS was not the intent? That he went there to fix her car or have small talk? At 1.00 am?
    The reality here is that people are once again jumping to conclusions. So Derrick Rose wanted to have sex? Must have raped! Lololol.
    Only that what is at issue is not that sex occured at all but whether it occured with consent. And Derrick Rose telling us that he wanted to have sex cannot tell us that he went as far as to rape to satisfy is carnal desires unless you want to make the connection that "I wanted to have sex" = "Rape".

14. Shroopy2

Agree how that particular statement wasnt so incriminating of actual rape. I'm sure it looks worse on paper than the actual live exchange

It IS the INARTICULATE-NESS 90% itself that people are picking on. Because thats just people now, looking for ANY sign of "not too bright" or "ghetto" for some Self-Inflated Snarky Superiority.

Its the QUESTIONER'S "huh come again?" confusion that set the tone of it really, relating to other people's confusion too.

Rose: No, but we men. You can assume.
    Q: I’m sorry?
    Rose: I said we men. You can assume

And its looking to make ANY comment meme-able (Like the "Nobody Got Time For That" or "They Rapin Everbody Out Here" memes) Its gonna get used against him or having him made to be the joke

15. BackdoorHarden

Migos must be DRos posting. What a sick poster to try to justify it's ok to rape because DRose is rich and famous.

SICK.

Get a hooker if you need to let it out or DIY with some pron.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Nothing the Zen Master cant handle....

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/09/15/derrick-rose-knicks-sexual-assault-civil-lawsuit-accuser-developments?xid=si_social

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Seriously, how is this story not getting ANY attention from the media? I don't think I ever saw it mentioned on ESPN. The details keep coming out and it's more damning every time! How did random college kid like Brock Turner get so much attention but a star NBA player get zero for something just as bad?

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does keep getting worse. My guess is that the Turner case's outrage was over the short sentence, not the allegations themselves. Rose hasn't gone to court yet, but I doubt this will be quiet when that happens. The New York Post is going to have a field day covering a trial.

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Say goodbye Derrick Rose. RIP in peace

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-w6m-nhUcos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>