1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Who are you guys calling haters? I think Tmac is good... but I bet in his mind, he's already shipped the series in, just like the 4th quarter of that celtics game when we were going for 23.. IT's a FACT, i'm not hating or assuming anything.

Look at Arenas interviews and jamison after their game 2.. They talk like whatever, it's not close to over.. we're gonna go back and get these fools.

Tmac on the other hand.. speaks and answers questions like he already thinks it's over.. I'm not blaming him for answering a question.. CHRIST!.. I'm saying his tone and mentallity is that it's already over.. What do you think about that?!

Think objectively please! I'm not hating.. I love tmac, but has he mentally shipped it in?? Does he really mentally believe they will come back? This is the question

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

In fact, Tmac likes to commend other's D or lack of his team playing well.. even how "he's tired" before he'll come close to saying.. I DONT HAVE IT!

I love the guy, but face the facts guys.. stop fooling yourselves... just observe everything he does.. when it's going well or when there's still time.. he's going all out..

when it gets close.. down 5, 7 with 3 minutes... he starts hesitating and stops playing as aggressively as he should down 5-7 with 3 to go.. you understand??
    WHY?? mentallity... that's why i bring this question up of if there's even a point of hoping and having that fighting spirit within us if the man behind the chances of it happening may have alrdy shipped it in.

I'm not HATING!!! pls.. i'm wondering..

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ship it in? he said in the chron the series is not over and told the reporters a list of things the team needs to do if we want to prolong this series. do you just pick quotes that are out of context (as usual) like most on this board?

and please, don't question his heart in the first 2 games.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

oh wow.. you take my quotes out of context.. i thought i was clear.. I'm not questioning his heart.. I'm questioning his mentallity.. I just think he doesn't have it mentally.. HE can say whatever he wants, that's politics.. what he actually thinks and feels is another thing.

Any why the animosity? I can't question things and discuss them on this board?

Oh I'm sorry, i forgot.. this board is only for topics you approve of.

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Quote from King Solomon.. he feels what i feel.

While you might think it's cute that McGrady has taken to joking about the Rockets' losing being his fault, it is just another sad example of why he is a different kind of superstar.

"It's my fault," McGrady said. "It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry." McGrady's sarcasm actually points the finger at his teammates for the losses. By jokingly saying it's all his fault, he really means, "It's their fault." That's not good.

Why couldn't he simply say, "I didn't play well enough in the fourth quarter to get it done," and shut up?

----------

I'll be proved wrong if tmac comes out here tonight.. aggressive and gets us a win in strong fashion. otherwise.. well whatever.. you can judge for yourself.

7. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

damn, tmac is the reason I woke up with a hemmhroid

8. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

Well his sarcasm on the critics was spot on, but even if all of his fans and teammates agree, no one wants to hear him say it. Let Magic, Kenny, Charles, writers, everyone else.

9. marciagong

marciagong Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5722878.html
    Down 0-2, Rockets say it's not over

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
    ..."Game 1 to Game 2 we made dramatic changes with how physical we were, how hard we played, how smart we played at times," Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said. "It was a big change from Game 1 to Game 2. We improved. We have to keep on improving."

McGrady said he was worn out by the fourth quarter Monday. He had 23 points, nine assists and a career playoff-high 13 rebounds, but for the second consecutive game he did not make a fourth-quarter shot, scoring a point without an assist. Tuesday, he said he should have done more.

But the Rockets said being able to win starts with believing they can...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh please, read it. Does it sound like he's already given up? Get your facts right before you make an arguement.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah because someone that has played bball all his life to be as good as he can is just going to give up down 0-2. maybe 0-3 but not 0-2 ;)

11. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

It seems that the majority of the board missed this post on the first page. Excellent post Dave_78.

12. marciagong

marciagong Member

You can use his 'it's my fault' rant against him while we can't quote what he said? Double standard!

13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I'd say the same damn thing to reporters...... even tmac wouldn't go in front of media and say "Man.. we improved...but it wasn't enough.. and i just don't know if our team has it man... *****! It's tough man.. playing in Utah.. I dono, hopefully things go our way.. we just keep trying you know? what else can we do?"

14. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

do whatever you want... Automatic transmission!

15. marciagong

marciagong Member

Yeah I'm sure the reporters will interview you after tonight's game. :rolleyes:

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't blame Tmac for our play off failures this season, but I do wonder if he is ever going to lead us any where. He seems to be trending downward, when past stars were just hitting their prime at his age. When he gets bumped or fouled or is asked to play big minutes, he acts like his age is 29 going on 36. It is Tmac and Yao's health that concern me going forward much more than their skill levels.

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

What??

did you even read what I wrote...

18. ibm

ibm Member

this to me just confirms once again that mcgrady is no leader material. no shame. not everyone is. actually, not too many are.

a true leader takes both credit and criticism. a leader tends to pass the credit to his team when things go well and shoulder the blame (fair or not) when things go south. mcgrady can't take the heat. he's been doing kinda the opposite. when we win, it's him "imposing the will". when we lose, it's "no one can create or hit open shots".

he is a very very gifted but mentally soft player. and he's currently declining physically. take him as who he is.

19. marciagong

marciagong Member

All I'm trying say is that he has to think positive things because he is the leader of the team right now, otherwise people like you will jump out and say he quits. What do you expect him to say under that kind of circumstances? Of course he has to play hard to back up his words like you said. Win or lose, he has to give it all.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It seems you are leader material! But, I don't think a leader should talk like this before the series is over. There are still two games left, and you have given up our team! Do you think you are metally stong person?!