1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMAC] "It's my fault people in the stands ordered Heinekens and got Budweisers"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

All the players you've mentioned are on a higher level than T-Mac. Yes, they are all lazy, but still superstars because they can still shoot, no matter the opponents. Free throw shooting is just so basic. I don't get why NBA players don't practice this.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K1fx02MANo8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K1fx02MANo8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

But he has been doing that stuff in the playoffs. But it may explain why he's gassed in the fourth.

Last year we had two options and nothing else. This year we have one option and little else. It's easier to defend the former if you only have to focus on one guy in the fourth.

4. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

To cheer up, Macgrady. It's not your fault this time. You have done all you can and you just need the right persons to help you. With Yao in, Scola and Landry will do well, and without Yao,they are just so so.

5. tangsanmao

tangsanmao Member

don't blamd mac anymore,just believing him

6. marciagong

marciagong Member

Are you sure?... :rolleyes:

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

In fact, if you want, you can see it as that Tmac is calling his teammates out and expect them to do better in future games.

8. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Silk baby! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Hilarious.

I'm not a T-mac hater and he's not perfect, but there are times when he gives up on plays that irk me.

What they went away from, which I thought was effective, was post him up on the wings near the high box, like in the first half. Instead of having him have to run pick and rolls on the top of the key, just do that screen with the four, pass it to him, post up and get the ball back in triple threat position closer to the basket.

Anyways, I know I'll have the right beer for the game. I can will myself to do that, unless I tire out by the third quarter.

9. bbjai

bbjai Member

MEMO TO THE FANS

Please name me one player who has had to go into the playoffs with three rookies, the third and second/first option of the team injured and won the first two playoff games.

Please I really can't find someone. If someone could do so please notify me so I can justify this criticism people are leveling at him.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

HEINIKEN??!! F!ck that ****. Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/snhiofL2Rh4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/snhiofL2Rh4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

11. testmojo

testmojo Member

Is there any other NBA stars has priori comments like this? What a character.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I still stand by Tracy, and he's dead on here...

... Except for the comment about being worn out in the 4th. I don't wanna hear that from anybody.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Some of his teammates deserve to be thrown under the bus. I don't blame him. I hope they get pissed off to. It may actually make them play better, and play tougher. If it just pisses them off and play worse then big deal, because it would be the same result as in Game 1 and 2.

I hope the people thrown under the bus get traded because its been a long time coming. He really does get too much flak.

He always performs better and harder in the playoffs. His body is riddled with injuries yet he's actually played more games on the Rockets than Kobe in his tenure here, while holding the same number of rings and almost identical playoff exits except when Shaq was still apart of the Lakers and with the Gasol trade this year. He plays hurt. He's hit game winners. He's been our leader in assists more than our actual PG while still being either the highest or second highest scorer on the team.

If you want to complain about bad contracts, take a look at Rashard Lewis, or Juwan Howard, or Dampier, Jason Kidd , or Shaq even. Way overpaid. Way overrated. Way past their prime. McGrady's contract is worth its value because aside from the absolutely untradeable superstars in this game, he's about a good as you're going to get unless you're willing to throw this team's contention under the bus for the short 2-3 years it has left for "potential" that may or may not pan out.

04'-05' with not yet dominant Yao, Clarence Weatherspoon as starter, Ryan Bowen seeing significant minutes, Charlie Ward on the payroll and not playing, as well as a ton of other garbage.

05'-'06 everyone injured.

06'-07' Best chance with Yao being a turn over machine and getting stuffed by Okur, and getting burned by Boozer.

In game 5, we had only 4 players that scored THE ENTIRE GAME! Battier under performing again. Luther Head playing like garbage again.

Alston playing like the regular Alston pre 22 game win streak, with a running floater that would sometimes air ball, Juwan Howard still on the roster and sucking it up.

Chuck Hayes making the team play 4v5 with Alston again shooting piss poor, and again a team that over performed in the regular season thanks to the coaching scheme that was too transparent and easy to read in the playoffs.

07'-08 No Alston who actually played like he was worth being a starter on the roster for a decent stretch injured for the first 2 games.

Yao gone for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

Head playing like garbage again.

Depending on TWO undersized, one still injured, and the other in one of the most technical positions in the game rookies that came off the bench and expecting too much out of them. Actually make that three if you count Scola, and again Scola has blown a ton of lay ups and made open shots more difficult by pivoting into double and triple teams.

The team collectively blowing free throws. Chuck Hayes still on the team as a center at 6'5 with no scoring ability other than lay ups that he blows half the time. Depending too much on Deke who is way past his prime to log that many minutes, but still performing better on the front court than anyone on our roster.

All these troubles combined with a coach in his first year here on the team, against a team that would still be a nightmare match up even when healthy that did make the WCF last year and have a good chance to make it again this year.

Blame it on T-Mac though who plays better in the playoffs historically as a Rocket whereas most others on the roster wilt on a lesser role on the team.

#73 London'sBurning, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  14. bbjai

bbjai Member

cosigned

15. fayesun

fayesun Member

T-mac's talk would affect the rest of the team...

16. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

WOW :eek: TMAC IS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE..the boy can hoop i know this and i feel what hes saying..but his attituted towards the situation is childish..i know you been hurt and its hard to get back in shape thats why hes not at his best because hes not in shape..but dont deny that you are not prepared as a nba player to play 4 full quarters and extra maybe because you havent got in shape..he lost muscle mass his legs are not as strong and thats why his shooting is so poor..but dont let the media get to you about getting out the first round..just critique your own play and realize you are not the same player because of multiple reasons.. just fix them..come back next year strong with yao and take this team to the promise land

17. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah maybe if they are r****ded and can't sense sarcasm. I think they know what's going on in that locker room better than anyone outside of it can.

18. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

T-Mac is the #1 cause of global warming.

19. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

We can be positive all we want.. and I AM!!.... but

We can be positive all we want.. and I AM!!.... but doesn't it seem like the Rockets.. or maybe just Tmac.. has already given up? His "it's my fault" rant doesn't seem to be the tone of someone who is fired up to take two back in Utah..

I mean, I know all of us are, and hell.. I am a firm believer that all it takes is that swagger and will to do it.

But is our leader alrdy thinking summer break?

What are your thoughts? and what will it take for the Rockets to play like those 93-94 rockets who came back from 0-2 against the barkleyans?

20. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

This is exactly the type of thread TMAC was aiming his "it's my fault" response at.

Look at what your doing? You criticize our leader for giving up, its his fault, he gave up already.

LOL at irony.