1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJ Houshmandzadeh & Patrick Crayton vs. EA Sports (Madden 10)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mogrod, Jul 24, 2009.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

So, a couple of days ago, TJ publicly stated he was going to boycott this year's Madden because he didn't like his ratings. So, ESPN's First Take had a couple of the developers on to discuss and called TJ in to talk with the guys. Crayton was already there and felt compelled to chime in.

TJ Houshmandzadeh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC2O0ojbRg0
    (Wouldn't let me embed)

Patrick Crayton
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q9Nym4R91WI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q9Nym4R91WI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Damn, no sound. Can I get a transcript of the video?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Drafting guy: "I got... TJ who's-yo-mama :eek: "
    Commish guy: "You mean, TJ Housh-man-Zah-Dah... Bengals? :confused: "
    Drafting guy: " :eek: Yeap. TJ Woo-sha-ma-zoo-ly. Championship...! :cool: "

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Look, I know everything in a video game rating isn't perfect, and the players can just edit their own ratings.

That said, T.J. has a reason to be upset. 81 speed in a football video game is terrible. He won't perform like an elite receiver in the game because he can't get separation from the majority of corners and even linebackers.

Plus, the argument they used about 50 yard catches was very weak. The Bengals had Ryan Fitzpatrick playing QB the vast majority of last season. No Palmer, no big plays in the passing game.

#4 DVauthrin, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  5. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Doushmandzadeh.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

TJ How's Vanilla.

7. Asian Sensation

Crayton should be glad he's even in the game.

1 person likes this.
  8. DVauthrin

well played, sir.

9. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

haha tj didnt even run at the combine

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I still can't believe they lowered Schaub's rating into the 70s.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Madden overhauled the ratings system. They don't just handout high speed ratings anymore. Overall ratings are lower across the board. Speed is toned down. They wanted to make sure a player didn't have to be fast to be good and that elite players really stood out. Madden is a whole new ballgame this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if EA is paying TJH to whine like this btw...

12. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I will believe it when I see it. I haven't played a sports video game where a player's effectiveness wasn't determined 90% by their speed rating (or some BS intangible like "IQ").

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

http://www.gameshark.com/features/601/p_0/Madden-NFL-10-Developer-Q&A.htm

14. Asian Sensation

Seriously, I cant help but keep pondering what the hell Crayton's thinkin while I sit here at work. You know when the game comes out people are gonna be thinkin I can't wait to see how good my team is or I can't wait to hand it off to LT, Westbrook, Peterson etc. Or they're thinkin I can't wait to pass the ball with Brady, Manning or Brees. Fans will also want to pass it to TO, Johnson's (Dre,Ocho), Moss, Smitty etc.

Ain't nobody thinkin .....Man I'm dying to use Patrick freakin Crayton!! They probably don't even have his name in the game but rather Player and jersey number whatever Crayton's jersey number is.

15. DVauthrin

I'm all for the overhaul if it works as planned, but right now I'm a bit skeptical.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Tom = Houshmandzadeh / Crayton

Nick = EA Sports

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXoNE14U_zM&hl=en&fs=1&start=2"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXoNE14U_zM&hl=en&fs=1&start=2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

DeAngelo Hall was not happy about it at all. He said he wants his name taken off the game lol.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I understand what they are trying to accomplish with the ratings system, but, Ray Lewis has a speed of 83 in the game with TJH being an 81. Thats just absurd. So basically, if Ray Lewis is defending on a deep ball, and the ball is overthrown, Lewis has a better chance of intercepting the ball than TJH does of catching it.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

More on ratings overhaul...
    http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/3314/p_10/Madden-NFL-10-Review.htm

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

See, I don't know if I'm going to like that. I'm playing the game basically as the quarterback, and if I call a play at the WR gets open and drops a pass that should be easy to catch, that pisses me off. Same thing when I'm playing somebody and WR's make unrealistic circus catches more than maybe once in a game. I know they want it to be realistic, but it is a game after all...I don't want my offensive execution penalized by poor ratings.

Now if I was throwing to my 5th string receiver instead of the #1, that would be reasonable.