1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Ownership Chaos

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cardpire, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly this.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If true, it's likely more to do with the team's overall mediocrity. I mean, no one's NOT buying a JJ Watt jersey because they dislike the name/colors. If the team didn't stumble out of the gates for 10 straight years, I think the perception would be much better.

In terms of your perception, if even true - it's likely a product of you recognizing like-minded perspectives and/or filtering out opposing ones, which is a fairly normal human behavior. (Fox News is popular for a reason.)

It's been almost 20 years since the team left; as transient as Houston is - and as apathetic as they tend to be about sports, in general - I truly doubt there's a anything close to a city-wide pining for the Oilers. Older fans have fond memories (another basic human trait, being able to successfully filter out the bad) and I'm sure among *that* group, there's a large pro-Oilers segment. But, then again: you won't meet a fan more passionate about that team than me and I'm glad they're gone and think they should nuke the Astrodome. (I hate nostalgia; now, excuse me: I'm off to see Star Wars for the 15th time...)

3. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Wow I hadn't realized that. We definitely need to go to red as the primary color.

4. tigereye

tigereye Member

This.

Both team brands now have significant time & history here. The Oilers history belongs here, where it still means something to some of us. But the Texans shouldn't be dismissed in the process.

Return the Oilers history & memorabilia here. Display it at a Houston Pro Football Hall of Fame that houses both Oilers & Texans memorabilia. Keep the Texans brand but have a throwback game every season with uniforms & field painted in Oilers colors. It's the perfect compromise that Houston football fans young & old could appreciate.