1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tina takes Miami to school

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old School, May 13, 2001.

1. Old School

Old School Member

Who needs the Big Three? Tina dropped 43 points on the Comets win over Miami tonight in the Comets first preseason game. Let's hope the rest of the team can start putting the ball in the hole to give her a breather from time to time. The double teams on her will start coming hard and someone else will have to step up.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Thank you directv for not showing any preseason games even though I have wnba season pass. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

3. cometsluv4play

Tynesha Lewis looked awesome last night! i hate to say this, but she made Coquese look bad...i don't mean any disrespect, i love Coco, but she looked a little out of sync or like she wasn't sure of herself and what was up with her hair and the alphalfa spike thing. did she not know it was sticking straight up in the air? Lassiter looked a little confused too at times, but she's got game, no doubt! Clement look good, i hope we can keep her, i really do. NOTE TO VAN: i think Stafford-Odom wants a job...she kicked boo-tay! Coleman looked good as well. heck, they all looked good, and for a team as thrown together as this one and pull out a win.....great coaching Van!!! oh yeah, and Tina did ok too [​IMG]

------------------
    In Tina, Janeth, Amaya and Amanda, i still believe!

Mr. 4play has spoken. :D

4. Old School

Old School Member

Odom likely made the team with her play last night. Van is also hot on Danielle Coleman. It looks like Sha Rae Murdock from WKU will not make the team if last night is any indication.

The Comets also signed another player yesterday. I'm not sure of her name but they found her in a gym in LA...much like how they found Tiffany Johnson. She's a 6 foot banger.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

5. Old School

Old School Member

Here's info on the new signee from the Chron:

Roster moves

The Comets on Saturday signed free-agent center/forward Tanisha Johnson and waived guard Franthea Price.

Johnson played two seasons at Arkansas State, where she was a two-time All-Sun Belt Conference selection and the school's fifth all-time leading shot-blocker.

Johnson won't be available to play until the Comets embark on a two-game road trip to Florida next week.

Price, also a free agent, arrived at training camp last Thursday. She played for the WNBA Sacramento Monarchs in 1998, averaging 4.9 points, 1.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 26 games.

------------------
    I voted YES!

6. CC14_2001

CC14_2001 Member

Thanks, Old School! I was wondering who the new addition was supposed to be. Yeah, bangers are good! Stafford-Odom, wow, reminded me of Wanda Guyton of season one. What a fighter!

TeeNAH! TeeNAH! TeeNAH! What an awesome performance. This was a very enjoyable and exciting game and only the very first preseason game. Houston Comet pride is alive and well!

It's been a long haul but the Comets are back on the menu! Yeeehaaa!

------------------
    CC14
    Tina, Warrior Princess is our rock!

ArCAINNN, Tornadic Terror on the Court!