1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to tank for Zion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Nov 10, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont bother with him bro, he's a lost cause.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Then move them all out once they find out he was all hype.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm giving it till December or so...if we haven't turned the corner by then, then Harden gets nagging *Injuries* and just rest CP3 for the year. Play Zhou and start Clark, and just try again next year. Whatever. The Texans and Stros can hold me over till then...I hope...

bmelo likes this.
  4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Only needed seven games to fire Mchale, and look how that season turned out.

If the goal is to just make the playoffs, then sure keep the team as is, but they’re not going anywhere.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman pays 4th highest luxury tax. (Chris Bosh is tax-free.)

Tilman said, if the first round is a struggle, ......

If not dealing future Firsts, this current team is likely to miss the playoffs.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They'll be back on point come all-star break. With Biglydik coming back to coach the defense will be back to par.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol oh my... that got my sides bursting

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just don't see any signs that this season can be turned around. I don't think they've looked good in a single game this season. I would definitely look at trading CP3. I think the Lakers might be the only plausible destination. Maybe the Wizards would be willing to send us John Wall for him. They desperately need change too. But not sure that helps us. I don't even think the Pistons would send us Blake Griffin for him and that's the only other possible deal I can think of. Maybe the Heat would take him for Hassan Whiteside and somebody else? I'm not sure that helps us either though.

Lakers seem like our best bet. December 15th can't come soon enough for me.

As for the draft, I'd be thrilled with any of those Duke guys. Cam Reddish and R.J. Barrett look pretty good to me too.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seems like they are not bad enough. They will hover around 0.500 for some time.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I believe the team needs an influx of youth and talent. Not sure Zion is going to be what people are hyping him to be in the NBA though. Already approaching 300lbs and short/undersized for a big man. It's some question marks with him at the next level imo.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It certainly feels like 2015 over again. I don’t blame any one particular person because everybody is doing worse in terms of making layups, 3pt shots, and being sharp on defensive assignments. But at a certain point you do have to look at Harden as a guy who tends to get complacent after “successful” seasons. As the team leader that complacency spreads to the rest of the team, becomes its culture. The margin between 67 wins and 40 is razor thin. If we’ve got no shot this year, why not just swallow the pill, let players play for their stats while throwing the W-L to the wind, and actually make use of a high draft pick once per decade? The Spurs did it to get Duncan. Maybe not Zion bc that’s going to be impossible with the rigged lotto system keeping him away from us. But somebody athletic and rangy, for sure.

Marteen likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why would tank for a player u have no assurance of getting?

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

Another low scoring game and another loss.

Not looking good...

Do you think we should tank for Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett?:)

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I am on board. Lets tank, this team won't go anywhere

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  16. aroundtheblock2

All in for the tank. It's over.

mario_v likes this.
  17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd almost trade CP3 for Anderson at this point, at least his contract is up in two years and is half as much lol.

I'm (half) kidding.

18. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Its time baby.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly it's worse than 2015 because at least then we were getting out of Dwight's contract.

CP3s contract is looking really bad right about now.

If we don't do something drastic this is how Harden's prime years will play out.

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

Not good enough to win it all, not terrible enough for a lottery pick based on talent alone. Being in the middle is the worst spot to be in.

mario_v likes this.