1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to show what you're made of, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apcgamb24, Apr 28, 2014.

1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

After all the offseason drama and hype with the Dwight signing, winning 54 games and getting HCA, losing both games at home and falling down 0-2 and now 1-3, how are you going to respond?

Dwight, you have been ridiculed your whole career. Are you going to continue to let them ridicule you for not having the desire to win?

Harden, people have called you a choke in the playoffs ever since the 2012 NBA Finals and someone who only cares about stats and puts no effort on defense. Are you going to continue to let them call you this or are you gonna get to the paint, consistently make your jump shots, and give full effort on defense.

Lin, you are now known to be an overpaid scrub who belongs in the D-League. Are you going to continue with this inconsistent play and stupid mistakes or are you gonna show the **** up, be aggressive, and provide a consistent spark off the bench and prove to people you are a good player and belong in this league.

Parsons, you are now being called someone with a huge ego who will be overpaid in your free agency. Are you going to validate this or are you going to step up on defense, show up in the 2nd half, and outplay Batum to prove you really are the best small forward in the series.

McHale, you are being called out for your terrible coaching even by Bill Simmons, a Celtics lover. Are you going to go out as the coach who lost in the first round with two superstars, or are you going to change your late game offensive game plan, figure out a way to force Portland into bad shots, and motivate this young team into winning 3 straight games.

So Rockets, are you going to choke again and have an embarrassing first round exit? Or are you going to toughen up, fight, and be the 9th team in NBA history to come back from a 3-1 deficit and win the ****ing series!

Idc if its 5 vs. 8, lets go out and win this ****!

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I think they read this site..if so..we need to encourage them and cheer them on wed..and will them to the finish line..it's very possible..you never what can happen..maybe a injured blazer ;)

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

This is what movies are made of. People will be talking about the Rockets series against Portland decades from now and how they fought back against all odds to win the series and become eventual champions. This is the best playoff series I've seen since Lakers-Rockets in 2009 and Miami-Dallas in 2010. This is a roller coaster ride

4. Andrew Wiggins

99% of teams in this situation have won games 5, 6, and 7. A total of two teams.

You guys can believe and all that crap. Sometimes you gotta know when to hold em' yada yada etc.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Fixed.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think you should put this in an add in the chronicle. a really big ad

7. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You have to believe that Portland will stop hitting every shot eventually. If this team comes together and have the patience and mental toughness to take care of each game one by one, I think we have a chance.

8. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

The fallacy is that Portland isn't hitting every shot, but non mysteriously the 3 games they have won their shooting % has been just a shade better than the Rockets. Harden is killing us, Parsons has disappeared in the second half of btoh games he has dominated the first half in, Lin and Bev are giving us very little offensively, Asik gives us nothing on O except a few clutch misses on dunks and is only out there for defense now only Howard has been consistent.

The Offesnive sets are disturbingly predictable and our perimiter D sucks at critical times. I just don't see any possible way this team (which is the better team on paper and man to man) can win 3 straights games. However, if by some amazing divine intervention we can put 2 winning games together and get this to a game 7, I believe Portland will tighten up and we could blow them out at home. That said, the way this Rox team continues to make boneheaded low IQ mistakes on O and D and costly turnovers in critical moments, I don't even have much faith they can win the next game in Houston. Sad to feel that way, doesn't make me any less of a fan, but all the terrible issues that reared their ugly heads in the regular season lazy D, double digit TO's, frustrating lack of Offensive plays, are all coming home to roost at varying times in this series and have resulted in them blowing games as a result.

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

We're made of wet pasta.

10. Rockness

Rockness Member

As long as we show we want to win, I would not care so much about losing this series. We still have not shown the desire to win collectively.