1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time Machine.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thacabbage, Jun 21, 2000.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

If you could go back in time, and undo 1 trade your team (any sport) made, which would it be, and why?

(NOTE: Don't tell me what deals you "would have made." This thread is strictly for the purpose of what trades you "wish you hadn't made."[/i])

ME: Boy that Carl Everett trade is just killing me.

I'm sure Laker fans wish they could undo the Eddie Jones deal.

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Ooh, ooh, me first.

The ONE trade that I absolutely hate is the Drexler for Thorpe trade.

Now, before you all go crazy.... I don't want to exactly "undo" the trade, just modify it a little.

I say the Blazers didn't need another power forward. They already had around five PFs on thier roster. So, in order to make up for their loss of Drexler we give them Maxwell and some chump change to make it look legit.

So, our 1995 line-up would've been:

Hakeem
    Thorpe
    Horry
    Drexler/Elie
    Smith/Cassell

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

H. Walker, when he was traded for picks that netted my Boys Irwin, Smith and Aikman. [​IMG]

No seriously though. I wouldnt revoke any trades made by the Rockets. I am not a big fan of the Astros but yeah that Everett trade is the one I wouldnt have done. Oh and I would not revoke the Pippen deal because it got us Cato. Even though Cato aint that good rite now, there is always a market for big men.

------------------
    MANGO - Get in my BELLAY!

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Good topic as usual cabbage. Let me see...
    It would have to be the Randy Johnson trade. Randy was great but we didnt go anywhere with him and couldnt sign him.

Randy Johnson for Freddy Garcia and John Halama and this other guy.

Freddy Garcia and Halama are now great pitchers in Seattle. We sure can use those 2 good pitchers!!!!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Divac for Kobe
    (which got even worse after the two seasons Divac played for Charlotte and then left via free agency to the Kings, so basically Kobe for nothing)

Nets selecting Ed O'bannon at #9 in the 1995 ahead of of so many decent players

The 20 or so teams that passed on Michael Finley

------------------
    Mango is the Smeg of Bizarro World

[This message has been edited by SmeggySmeg (edited June 21, 2000).]

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Although not a trade one of the biggest, wish i could go back a change my decisions, apart from the whole Jordan, Bowie thing has to be

RANDY MOSS

------------------
    Mango is the Smeg of Bizarro World

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

SmeggySmeg,
    Being a Titans fan. They must be kicking themselves. I mean they drafted Kevin Dyson in front of Randy Moss. But I am sure many other teams are kicking themselves for that oversight.

Well at least the Titans made up for it last year by drafting the FREAK, Jevon Kerse. The man is going to be a Quarterbacks worst nightmare for years to come.

As far as trades. I am sure the Redsox hate themselves for trading Bagwell for Larry Anderson.

Well I guess the Astros made up for that one by giving them Carl Everett.

Also the Astros traded away Kenny Lofton for Eddie Taubense (catcher). Another one we got screwed on...

------------------
    Vice President of the Austin Croshere fan club.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

How did we get Joe Barry Carroll and Sleep Floyd. I'd like to undo that somehow.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dont bash my boy Sleepy! He da man !He and Hakeem scored 40+ in the same game!

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

10. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

I believe we got Carrol from the Sampson deal with Golden State. Carrol was the 1st pick in the draft in 1980. He was a very good player.

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I would love to go back and nix the Astros trade with the Reds in 1971. Stros acquire, Tommy Helms, Lee May and Jimmy Stewart (not the actor) for Joe Morgan, Jack Billingham, Denis Menke, Cesar Geronimo and Ed Armbrister. This was the trade that put the Reds on the map, The Big Red Machine. What the hell were the stros thinking (or drinking) when they made this trade?

------------------
    Well blow me down-popeye