1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time for some fans to say sorry to Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Jul 19, 2015.

?

What do you say now ?

1. I'm sorry for doubting the great man forgive me

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. I still have some doubts but i am starting to believe in him more

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

All off season some fans have doubted the great man with his ability to make moves. He only got us James Harden in a killer deal and now Ty Lawson for hardly anything and yet there will be some doubters still.

So if there are a few of you who mouthed off against him during the off season and feel like you want to say sorry.......................here is your chance

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

**** all you morey haters go back and play 2k15 on beginner level LMAO REKT

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Morey has a degree from MIT...and is one of the smartest GM's in the league...
    Using a poker analogy... He surely plays a ton pots, but the hands he goes all in...has always been with the nutz, and straight rob people.

To trade for Lawson while giving up...Prigs, Papa, Johnson and Dorsey...and still protect their 1st rounder...#MoreydaGod

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This happens every offseason. Every trade deadline.

And yet Morey keeps finding these deals. And people forget and become ungrateful that we have one of the best GM's in all of sports

5. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Where is that rocketshk **** morey dude?

6. Raven

Raven Member

Drama Queens aren't going to change their behavior. Some of them are just trolls. Best bet is to just use your ignore list. Don't worry. It can hold a lot of names. Trust me on that. :p

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If it wasnt for my high standards and strong criticism he wouldn't have done acquired a decent pg. My name is John Taffer, I dont embrace excuses, I embrace solutions.Now lets get to work guys.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I love this deal but let's not act like Morey didn't get some help with Lawson's DUI. The nuggets were shopping the dude and the price went down in the past week. Props to Morey for jumping and not waiting any longer.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

i never doubt morey

10. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

What a poll to make it look like the entire fan base talks smack on Morey, while it's really just a select few. No vote from me, and probably from most fans here.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Morey isnt done...

I have a feeling he uses his MLE and may sign and trade KJ McDaniel along with TJones for Ryan Anderson???

Something tells me that the Pelicans are game...

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

My theory is that the Rox were trying to include Terrence Jones in the deal but the Nuggets wanted more. Once Josh Smith signed with the Clippers, the rockets changed their offer to include a 1st round pick instead which the Nuggets felt much better about.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You can't use the MLE in a sign & trade.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We can't s&t players signed with MLE.

Brewer would be a possibility but i'm not sure that i'd be interested in Anderson at that price. Don't see why Pels would want Brewer either.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Players often suddenly become available for all sorts of various reasons and Morey realizes that. He's patient for a reason. Every time he pulls off something big we get this excuse. It's he got lucky the Thunder were too dumb to lock up Harden. Or he got lucky Josh Smith got cut. Now it's he got some help with the DUI. The truth is that if you wait something will almost always become available and Morey is good at pouncing on those opportunities.

16. baubo

baubo Member

The entirety of Morey's GM career is basically built on being ready in case stuff happens. Dwight, Harden, Artest, Scola, Josh Smith, Asik, etc. Most of his deals relied on special circumstances that allows him to grab players for less than what their values should be.

It may be reactionary, but it limits fiascos like the one Cuban has kept getting into these past few years.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Oh ok...nice..did NOT know...thanks guys...Now I know

18. hakeemthagreat

You guys sure do a lot of gloating when things look good lol. I was wrong about this offseason. I assumed Daryl Morey had no clue what he was doing. I was CLEARLY wrong. I also think Lawson's DUI helped lower his value, which helped us. But props to Morey. Hes definitely living up to the hype

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Didn't every other GM in the league get the same 'help'?

1 person likes this.
  20. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FTW ROCKETS needs to get in this thread :p