1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Timberwolves/Kevin Love watch.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Dec 22, 2013.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

13-15, 2 games behind 8 seeded Nuggets. Will have to compete with Memphis, Dallas, and Golden State for that final spot.

Kevin Love just had 50 and 20 in a losing effort to the Clippers. Oh yeah, and he's a Free Agent in 18 months.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

The ONLY way he stays is if Minnesota gets the #1 draft pick and drafts Jabari Parker, otherwise, he's leaving in 18 months. He seriously gets no help, must be frustrating...

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

45 and 19, technically. Yeah, still very impressive.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dude was getting triple-teamed in OT against the Clips. No one gets triple teams these days, lol.

7. k-money

k-money Member

I hope he leaves minny, I don't care if he goes to the rockets or not. His talent is being wasted there.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

as long as he doesn't leave to LA i'm fine.

but i have a feeling lakers are going to get him:mad:

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

same thing happened with KG. Except KG was dominant enough to actually get them to the Playoffs each year.

10. pnr

pnr Member

KG was a two way player. Love isn't.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we must have him.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

He and Parsons are Free Agents the same year, right? Is it possible to sign both?

13. chandlerbang21

I love his offense but hate his defense. His rebounding will be average if on the court with Dwight

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'But Luv is career loosa he jst pt up emtpy statz can't even win cship i mean he has supasta richy ruibow doez funky passez 45/19/6 wut do noob'

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/7c1/966/576/resized/andy-meme-generator-yo-man-b****-be-runnin-wild-know-what-i-m-sayin-5a7cea.jpg?1387560683.jpg

1 person likes this.
  16. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Do you think Rubio is way overrated? There's a heated debate not long ago about who should be their franchise player (Rubio or Love)?

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When Rubio joined the NBA, there were a couple of guys here who predicted he would set the NBA on fire. One of them said he would be a top-5 PG the moment he set foot on the floor.

Since then, popular opinion has fallen so much that I don't think Rubio is overrated. Most people have given up on the silly Jason Kidd comparisons and now see him for what he really is.

18. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I hope for turmoil in Minnesota so that they move Love but they are really fun to watch. Rubio of course for all his passing and running of the offense. But what he really fun and strange at the same time is how the set screens and pin downs for Kevin Love to get free for 3 point attempts. They run sets to get him open as if he was reggie miller, rip hamilton, kevin martin type.

19. dragician

dragician Member

Howard
    Love
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

Dream team

20. basketballholic

I was one of those guys that was extremely high on Rubio. (And I still am if he is actually healthy and he isn't limited in mobility.) He did get hurt and hasn't looked the same since he got hurt. But before that he was on his way.

I can't quite put my finger on what is happening there. But I originally thought that Adelman's offense was not a fit for Rubio. Rubio is a pick-and-roll point guard. He wants to operate off the pick all the time, penetrate and kick. Adelman let that go Rubio's first year before the injury and they did quite well and he was developing nicely.

Since he has come back from his injury they have totally sucked. I haven't got to see enough of him this year but I do know this....he's slower. And I do know this...they are never going to win with Pek in the middle and Love at the 4. Once again rim protection is a premium in this league. If you expect to win you have to have some sort of rim and paint protection. The Wolves have zero rim protection. Zip, nada, Zilch. Even if Rubio were putting up 16 assists a game they wouldn't be winning.