1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim, Will the Dream half time tribute be made available on Rockets.com?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 10, 2002.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Tim,
    Are there any plans for the Rockets half time tribute to be made available either as a download on Rockets.com or as a video? Many of us out of town fans that depend on League Pass for or Rockets coverage got screwed out of a once in a lifetime special event. Dream has been my favorite player for years and for the life of me I can’t understand why NBA.com would think that someone watching the Houston game would prefer their half time call in show to a final tribute to the player that has meant so much to us. Thanks for the download of Dreams jersey being raised to the rafter but if you could pull some strings or find a way make the entire ceremony available for all of us out of town fans we would all be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

2. crash5179

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

it is available now on rockets.com , well about 1-2 minute version

i think the full version is available is you subscribe to nba.com thingy

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Tim, maybe I missed it, but if you guys could post on the Rockets.com site for a short time the text of what Olajuwon, some of the others who spoke at halftime said, that would be terrific. For those of us with slow connections, downloading the video isn't practical and for me, isn't necessary. I really would just like to read what Dream, Rudy, others said.

5. crash5179

Smeg I registered and all I got was the part showing Dream thanking Houston and the anouncer calling his name with the jersey getting ready to go up to the rafters. :( I wan't it all. ;)

6. lived

lived Member

I think the best way is to get hold of a tape of the game from someone.. a few of us overseas fans are trying to do just that..

7. crash5179

bump. Still hope Tim sees this and replies.

8. Tim

Tim Member

Sorry, would've replied earlier, but I didn't have an answer.

We'll be putting up different parts of the haftime ceremony over the next few days. Some parts we can't include -- for example, the tribute video, because our rights to elements of that video only extend to our in-arena or broadcast presentation.

We're sorting through all the materials now.

Tim

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I second the text request too.

10. crash5179

Tim,
    Thanks for the reply. I will watch all that you guys put on the site. Maybe I can catch the tribute vedio from someone that copied it.