1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Leger "outburst" Rockets fall to Spurs, Harden's dunk waived off in 4th Qtr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 4, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

There's a GIGANTIC difference between a bad "call" (judgement can be used) and this situation where actual points were taken off the board that could have easily been reviewed and corrected. Especially when the game ends up going to OT.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You are flat wrong. It was obvious Harden made the dunk in real time. The ball clearly went down the net.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That might be easier to see from the TV angle than the floor angle the refs have. Maybe.

I mean, players brick dunks from time to time. How often do you see a player du k the ball through the rim and it ricochets off the net? It was damn weird.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

My response had nothing to do with the referees’ inability to decipher whether it was a made dunk in real time. I was disagreeing with the idea that fans watching at home couldn’t tell if Harden made the dunk or not. It was obvious to anyone watching the AT&T Sportsnet broadcast in real time that the ball went through the net and didn’t clank off the heel of the rim.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Exactly right. Is there something that prevents the referees from reviewing a made basket at a play stoppage or timeout? The same way they check if a foot is on the line for a 3 pointer. It would be completely idiotic if they aren’t allowed to do that because of strict verbage from the NBA. They clearly ****ed up but were they prevented from fixing it by some preposterous NBA policy or did they choose to just do nothing because they’re incompetent?

Either way, I blame the Rockets for the loss. The missing 2 points is just unfortunate. If anything hopefully they get that fixed for the future.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Watching it at home, I just thought he missed the dunk. But no way the refs should have missed that on the court.