1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Hardaway: 'I Hate Gay People'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Faos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

While I don't hate Gay people I do dislike their life choices.. I understand it's their life and since it is they can live it however they want so I'm not going to say being Gay should be against the law or anything.

I'm just saying I think being Gay isn't right as I believe since we are living breathing things we need to reproduce, somthing Gays can't do..Lesbians also

especially the Gays that walk around acting like girls, it's like "what the hell is your problem"

Other things I dislike yet don't hate the person for enjoying to be that way

1.People who fart really loud in public
    2.People who scream at their children in public
    3.Fat girls who wear shirts 3 times to small and their nasty fat belly hangs out and stuff, also wearing tight pants.. you know you all have seen them
    4.People who Cuss in public alot
    5.People who are addicted to drugs/beer

Which brings me to my next point, I don't like the choices fat people make.

Do I hate fat people? No, but I hate the way they represent humans in general... EAT HEALTHY, DO FITNESS, DO SOMTHING geez

Maybe thats why I don't like people being Gay, I don't like how it represents me as being another fellow man.

I can see myself still being friends with say a Gay dude, STRICTLY friends haha, just as I'd befriend a fat dude.

Their life their choice. If they want to be Gay and not reproduce they can.. If a person wants to be fat and unhealthy go for it.. just note I don't agree with it.. Doesn't mean I'm going to hate you, doesn't mean I will look down upon you, just means I disagree with you~ Lets all be friends

#61 Realjad, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think it is great if dudes want to be gay. In fact, if every other guy on the planet was gay, that would be perfect for me.

3. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

population-wise, though, we need some people to not reproduce.

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

In a way since we have so much health care that people aren't dieing naturally.

But I guess I can agree to a degree with the post above yours

5. CBrownFanClub

Dude, listening to the audio of his actual statement.. that was rough as hell. I thought he spoke fairly clearly for a Tim Hardaway on that point. He actually copped to being a bigot and a homophobe on a radio show, is was pretty intense.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i would to...

7. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Being gay is not a choice any more than what IQ you have

You can't equate being fat and being gay. Being fat is a phsyical state which can be altered to some extent ( I am fat and I know that if I hit the gym, I will lose some extra pounds). Being gay is perhaps biological or at the very least an emotional state that is cultivated through a lifetime and very difficult or impossible to change.

As far as reproduction, there are biological anomalies of homosexual animals which shows that being gay could be biological. There are animals (rare) that do have intercourse with the same sex. It is natural.

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Then how do you manage dating and sleeping with them?

9. Party Boy

Party Boy Member

Animals engaging in homosexual sex is an anomaly.

The only ones that do it regularly are adolescent dolphin males who are going through their "puberty", and are full of hormones...

and Bonobo chimpanzees which are the only animals known besides humans that have sex for pleasure.

I am not opposed to homosexuality, as I think consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want... but, i think that the "natural" argument is full of crap because the only animals that do it in nature are dolphins who are surging full of hormones, and bonobos who trade sex for favors and are generally perverted.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But there's also been revivals. Looking back into history, Greeks, Romans and Japanese had homosexual cultures until currents of then-Christian morality influenced policy.

On one hand, there isn't the psuedo-biological justification that it's a disorder, but then again, all it took were stereotypes and prejudices for a madman to purge the "impure" people of his country.

We can all hope for the best, but none of this is set in stone. I'd wager that tolerance for diversity is related to a country's prosperity. The harsher the times, the more divisive people get and they become more ready to make excuses.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what an idiot.
    Now Tim Hardaway is a marked man.
    Nobody will help him at the Men's department at the GAP or Armani Exchange
    or Versace or Hollister

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So bonobos being "perverted" has nothing to do with their biological makeup. What, you just think they're sinful? :rolleyes:

And explaining away dolphins as just being full of hormones -- hormones are "natural", aren't they? Without hormones, none of us would be sexually attracted to anything.

If anything, your examples only bolster the "natural" argument.

On a side note, I wanted to hear what Tim Hardaway's NBA doppleganger Mike James has to say about this. That should be interesting.

13. Panda

Panda Member

The same can be said about being homophobia.

The same can also be said about being homophobia.

Being biological or not is not the issue. The issue is what kind of genetics is normal. There's genetical illnesses such as giantism, and there is a lot more other genetical illnesses beside giantism. Homosexuality is another kind of biological illness. It creates mental block against having someone's own children. When normal people don't want children of their own, it is their choice, yet for homosexuals, it's not a choice but an imposed state from birth. Homosexuality is a biological and genetical illness which deprives a person the choice of having his/her own children. I pity them because they are born without a choice on reproduction. There's nothing normal, prideful or glorious on being gay. The gays act like they are doing something right because they want to save face and deal with their own insecurities. Homosexuality is not a lifestyle out of their choice, it is a mental illness caused by abnormal genetics.

Actually, homosexuality is not a lifestyle at all. If it is a lifestyle, then Sun Ming Ming having giantism is a lifestyle, biologically impotent is a lifestyle, erectional dysfunction is also a lifestyle. There shouldn't be hate towards homosexuals, they are patients, not enemies. However, if they bother others with their "I'm proud that I can't choose to reproduce or not" attitude, it is perfectly acceptable for any reasonable persons to stand up and rebuke.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

as far as gay people in sports go, that's an interesting point.

you take a straight guy and put him in the shower with a women's team, wouldn't they still feel awkward even if he told them he was married with zero interest in hooking up with any of them.

is that the same as a gay man in a men's lockerroom?

tim hardaway speaks like someone's sexuality has personally affected his quality of life. somehow i doubt it.

15. CBrownFanClub

It has now.

16. Party Boy

Party Boy Member

Dolphins males experiment with other males... because they are not old enough to find a female mate. When they are old enough, they find females to mate with. Homosexuality is not a lifestyle for dolphins. It is an anomaly... based on the fact that they are extremely horny and have no other outlet.

Bonobos are peverted. Sex prevails over everything in bonobo culture. They do not have homosexual relationships... they do not have same sex life partners. They have sex with other males to trade favors, power, etc. Females have sex with the males to trade favors too. And, as with dolphins, young adolescent Bonobos experiment with other males because they don't have an outlet... but they all end up having "traditional" mating relationships at sexual maturity.

I live in San Francisco, so I know lots and lots of gay people, and I hear the "natural" argument all the time. I just don't buy it... but whatever they want to do is cool with me. I do, however, think that they are born with it though. I don't think its a choice for them.

I've told this to some gay friends before, and not all of them got super upset, but I think that homosexuality is somewhat of a disorder. If you take pedophiles, alcoholics, murderers, and other "disorders", many psychologists say that they were born with it also.

17. durvasa

A gay person can absolutely choose to reproduce.

And since you think it's a purely biological dysfunction, I presume you wouldn't have any problems with gay couples adopting and raising a child. Right? Or is there something else you'd like to share on the subject?

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

ha, yeah i guess so, but only because he's an idiot.

19. durvasa

You are contradicting yourself. If you think gay people are born that way, then it's natural.

Whether or not it should be considered a "disorder" is another issue. The conditions you name all involve behaviors are either predatory or deleterious to one's own health. I think it's wrong to lump homosexuality in that category. There's nothing morally wrong with two men or two women having a sexual relationship with eachother.

20. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Why should it matter if gay people adopt and raise a child? Because, gasp, they might make that child gay?! Oh the humanity!

Wait, I've known a few kids that were raised by gay parents and they turned out to be straight, so I guess that doesn't fly.

I think we should only allow white people to adopt, as it's been proven through studies white people are better off economically than blacks and Hispanics.

:rolleyes: