1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Hardaway: 'I Hate Gay People'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Faos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

You agree with him about what?

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

about everything he said, i dislike gays, i dont agree with their lifestyle...

3. Major

Major Member

Every "bad" social thing is ultimately accepted, and then people look back and say "those people 50 years ago were idiots". Happened with racism. Happened with interracial marriages. Will happen with homosexuality. Just look at how different its viewed today from 10 or 15 years ago.

4. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I would. Google me in 50 years and we can compare notes.

And while we're betting, I will also bet anyone Hardaway will be out of a job within hours. Does he even have a job? That would be the only caveat - unless he is currently unemployed, I guarantee he will be newly unemployed before the weekend.

It's not just "I am not comfortable with homosexual behavior." Not even 'it is against my religion." He said "he hates gay people."

Not two hours ago, I happened to meet a guy who seemed to be gay. I don't know, but if I had to guess, I would say he was gay. He tutors undeprivledged kids in his spare time. He was very very nice.

Tim Hardaway HATES that guy? Hates? The guy who tutors writing to low-income kids? Hates him?

What a douche.

5. CBrownFanClub

Just wondering - why do you care? Why is it on your mind?

6. BrieflySpeaking

im sure he doesnt personally hate them, what kind of **** would that be, im sure he just meant that he doesnt agree with their lifestyle, and thinkin about gays just pisses him off bc in reality it is wrong.

7. BrieflySpeaking

lol why do i care? i cant express my feelings? and why is it on my mind? umm its on the board, not like i created a thread saying "i hate gays"

8. CBrownFanClub

Wait, I am quoting him."I Hate Gay People." I did not pull that out of thin air.
    What is the difference between saying "I dislike gays" as you did, and "not "personally disliking them?"

9. BrieflySpeaking

yeah, exactly, he doesnt HATE them, just doesnt agree with them, thats it btw i have a couple gays friends, i dont hate them, i just dont AGREE with them. thats it

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i agree with you.

they make me feel uncomfortable...

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I thought this was another Rudy Gay thread when I looked at the Forum Default page...

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

why dont you have this convo in D&D instead?

I am hoping Timmy meant that he hates the lifestyle, not the actual people themselves. Whatever he meant, he should remember that he is on a public forum and sharing his opinions as someone with somehwat of a household name. As such everything u say has greater repercussions than normal people do. With great power comes great responsibility. He has a right to express his opinions, but he needs to clarify what he means and even then pick his words more carefully. Your opinion is fine, but if your language is so harsh that it might incite something, you need to err on the side of caution.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

At least we're at the point that homophobic people will get flak for 'coming out' and admitting it just like gay people have been dealing with. And I don't know about that 50 year bet, I can only hope it's true. Where I live right now there is still an undercurrent of 'segragation' between blacks and whites in this town.

14. CBrownFanClub

To what are you yeah-exactly-ing? Because earlier, you said you dislike gays - thats a quote. How can you dislike gays but also like people who are gay?

Tim Hardaway also said he "hates gay people." Why did he not say "I do not AGREE with them" if that is what he meant? Why didn't YOU say that? I think you are backpedalling. I think he will too. I think he will be fired.

And I think if you told your gay "friends" that you typed the words "I dislike gays" on a website, they would probably not consider you a friend much longer.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Huh? He just quoted him saying "I hate gays". Now it's possible he meant what you just said. But is it implausible he literally meant what he said? Why are you so sure he didn't mean that? There are plenty of people who really would like to banish all gays off the face of the earth.

16. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I would.

And, after reading this thread, that belief is about all I have going for me now.

17. BrieflySpeaking

what i am exactly-inggg is the fact that he does no fukin hate gays, i guarantee u that, ok, maybe instead me saying i dislike them i should of said i dont agree which i did later, people say things before they think and thats what happened with hardaway, people who say they HATE JVG, they dont know him personally, so how can they hate him, they just dont agree with that person of they way they do things, etc.

#37 BrieflySpeaking, Feb 14, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  18. BrieflySpeaking

because c'mon, why would he hate them, but i mean i dont know, maybe he does, if he does then hes ignorant, but i doubt it, im sure hes going to apolagize later and say things differantly

19. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Is NASCAR considered an American sport (they sure ain't athletes)? If there's any sport that won't have their pro's coming out, it's NASCAR.

Cue Talledaga Nights reference.

20. yoyoma

yoyoma Member

yeah he should of kept it to himself....if guys like gettin into other guys a-holes, thats their perogative.