1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman vows multiple championships...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 11, 2019.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't believe it or trust it. All inspiration is gone. I like Tillman and he may try but whatever... people try to hit the lottery too.

3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I'll believe it when WE ALL see it.

"I know that we're going to rise to the occasion and our time is going to come. James is 30 years old [in August]. ... Hakeem [Olajuwon] didn't win his first championship until [31]. I can promise you, we're going to win some championships with James Harden, because we are not going to sit here. We will go to battle every year. We're going to have a strong offseason, and we're going to do whatever we need to do to be a better team. We are not going to sit on our hands, I can promise you that."

Bids9, bj3175, Ramo$e and 5 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

If you’re running it back it ain’t happening.

Wake me up when either KD, lebron, kawhi or AD puts on a rockets uniform

BigggReddd, smp, saleem and 6 others like this.
  5. Mr. Space City

Tillman talks too much

6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I'll say this and you've heard it before but when you do finally overcome its all that much more worthwhile. Its been less then 24hrs so yea it feels like all hope is gone, the Warriors, again.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think tilman is a man of action

I think he's got more pride than the average NBA owner and is closer to Cuban than say Lacob .

I think he fires MDA , and maybe Morey

dawesome, legacygt777, LUK3 and 5 others like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Enjoy your sleep. what about adding to the core of cp3 harden capela with someone like jimmy butler or kemba walker? Not necessarily those guys but that tier?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good luck with that

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

“Tilman-isms.”

BMoney and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

We won the salary cap championship. I knew at the trade deadline that we weren’t going to win the actual championship. Real champions take the risk. We didn’t get Harden the help he needed. The Sixers went and got Butler AND Harris and we coughed up a first round pick to get under the salary cap and for Shumpert’s rotting corpse. Pathetic. If I was Harden I would ask for a trade after that.

raining threes, smp and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tilman has already won the Luxury Tax Savings Championship, the best champion ship of them all!

13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Agree.

Certainly more ego than the average owner, which is saying something, but I agree here too.

He can do that. How will it help? Who do you bring in?

None of matters if he's not committed to doing whatever it takes. That means letting Morey,or his successor, do what they feel they need to do to win a championship. Not just win a lot of games, fill seats, and be economical about doing it. Luxury tax shouldn't enter into the discussion. What best pleases China shouldn't matter either. Unless they're stashing another Yao, and that's the only way to get the inside track for him.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

He has to sell the fairy tale story. He sold $1.4B in bonds to acquire the Rockets. Gotta keep that money coming in to pay those bondholders.

Yeah, maybe I'm being a sour puss this morning. Tillman didn't get mega rich by being negative.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Tilman does not have money to buy another new star players. No money to pay tax

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

@NateDuncanNBA: This kind of fire is good PR but it rings hollow. Houston made a number of money-saving moves this season that hurt their competitiveness in this series. https://t.co/P0jp9cYs1u

Der Rabbi and MiddleMan like this.
  17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

using hakeem's age is nonsensical because it's not about finally "getting it", it was about capitalizing when things went right for you and made a championship run possible, it just so happen to be at 31. sonics (RIP) getting knocked out helped make that happen. finishing 4th and facing the warriors in the 2nd round was good fortune. not only did KD get hurt, but boogie was out and will be back for the WCF. so if we faced them later we probably get swept and CP3 gets hurt. fortune smiled on us and we kicked it in the nuts.

RichieBanks, Roggit, lw17 and 5 others like this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Houston Rockets will never beat the Golden State Warriors

lw17, alcatrazpsycho and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The Houston Throat Cutters!

Tilman, please shut up. You’re embarrassing yourself...