1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Tilman fails to extend Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Hakeem is 20 times the player as Duncan.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, if we're talking about a max or something close to it i definitely agree that there's no chance, especially with guys like Cousins, Nurkic ecc available.

3. Space City

Space City Member

You're right. The cap hold's the higher of the qualifying offer and 250% of the previous season salary. In Capela's case, it'll definitely be the latter.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

It's now 300% under the new CBA. His cap hold will be $7,003,584.

5. basketballholic

I keep wondering if Dallas would give us a first asking with Nerlens if we have them Capela and Nanu. Noel has virtually no trade value since he has to approve a deal and the ten that trades for him would have to carve out cap space to re-sign him.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'd be as surprised by Dallas trading like that with us as i would a peace agreement between israel and palestine.

BigShasta and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

basketballholic likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

An obvious move since we want to get involved in the LeBron sweepstakes

9. Jimmy Chitwood

I only get to hear big picture stuff, not stuff like this....yet ;)

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I love it. He's going to be extra motivated. Capela has made great strides, and this is going to give him one more push. Morey publicly stated that Capela's defense is critical to this team, and I am sure they will have told him that his defense this season will go a long way towards securing a great offer. Win-win for us. His performance determines not only his market value but his true ability on a contender.

Is it unlikely that Capela has his best offensive and defensive season ever along with over 60% free throw shooting? I think there's a damn good chance of that happening and if it does, he'll see an offer somewhere between 16 and 20m in restricted free agency if anyone dares. Someone will make the offer early, knowing that the Rockets would prefer to keep his cap hold at $7m for as long as possible so they can pursue big moves.

OTOH I'm certain that if Capela received an offer, Morey would tell Capela not to sign it and verbally agree to offer him that contract +/- some changes. Capela is the gift that keeps on giving. Cheap production, constant improvement and beneficial contract situation. Great position to be in. I look forward to him proving his worth now that he has 3 solid seasons under his belt. This is the year where it should click with him.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you obsessed with Nerlens as if he would be our savior?

12. mockster

mockster Member

It won't matter when we trade capela for cousins

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm writing this from a hospital bed (F Cancer), but I want to make something clear:

When the "ears are off," that's more or less implying that I don't think it's in the best interest of the board for me to post what I'm told. Case in point: Melo. Before the OKC swoop, literally a day before, I was told my a "bad" ear that Me7O was on his way. And, well, we all see what happened. I was burned, and I felt even more badly than when we were going to take Taj Gibson and Dougie Buckets, but that fell through.

Sure, I hear a lot right now. As in, the Roxx are already planning an attack to bolster the front-court.

The thing is, I felt such a burn from Melo, that I owe loyal Rockets fans the truth. Period.

I could tell you about Luc, I could tell you plenty about Ne, I could tell you Smoov's mindset. Hell, I can even tell you that CP3 has been vocal about his anger with Mel. The friendship has changed.

My ears are here every day, but I think it's best for awhile if I sit back and let Cyber/Clutch/StevieRebel/Will/ Doc do their work.

I have great relationships in this league, but I had to sever the Melo burn.

Plain and simple, I couldn't deliver the best info to you all, based on a trusted source, and I'm sorry.

The only "ear" I'm willing to share until things are back to normal is to look for Orlando, Detroit and New Orleans from now until December. Oh yeah, Boston's Slippery Eel will come calling. Sorry, Gordon, but we already have a better one. :)

Just don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I love ya'll.

And, I apologize for Melo....he caved last minute. Just wait till CP3 has a frank discussion about it.

Your third star is here btw....you're just going to have a 4th sooner or later.

And no, not Royce "Dominating Canada with Xanax" White.

Peace and Love

Cod

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

keep up the fight cod, we're cheering from the bench for you -))

Codman likes this.
  15. Codman

Thanks! These nurses are a little rough and not the good kind. I think they broke a rib lol....pushing on my rib cage like Danny Fortson holding a basketball

Vivi and BigShasta like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks, good recovery and we be Alarm of another Xanax BeWell White.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

make a complaint and tell them to send the Danny Manning type of nurses instead! :D

Codman likes this.
  18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Thanks @Codman - stay positive! Heal! You got this!

19. Codman

You can only have Cousins if:
    1. Capela is packaged with some heavy assets
    2. AD approves....they are close.
    3. NO wants to rebuild again.

We don't have the pieces for that...yet. But Cousins isn't under the radar ....he doesn't fit what MDA is going for.

Our post-players? They're named Tucker and Paul.

Luh yah

yixiixiy, Deuce, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Don't ever feel like you owe this board any sort of explanation Cod.

The only thing we ever want to see/hear from you is that you're still fighting the good fight.

Having lost a very close relative to cancer only recently, I can only provide my condolences for the situation that you're in.

Don't ever give up, kick that piece of sh*ts ass, and get back here in the future to let us know about all the Birds that are a squawkin'.

Codman and BigggReddd like this.