1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman fails to extend Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Zhou is not a center

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tilm$n

Jontro likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

trade him before Dallas offers him the max

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dallas didn't want to pay Noel anything close to the max, but they'll hand one over to Capela? Why?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Capela doesn't suck at rebounding, that's just false. Qi can rebound? Since when? Put him up against starting caliber frontcourt players and he'd get manhandled. He's a project.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Diamond Stone was waived today

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

See, this is one thing i was actually thinking about, in general, not specifically about Dallas but, what if other teams didn't offer big money to Noel mostly cause they don't trust him? Like, teams like Brooklyn, Atlanta are probably trying to build a good enviroment/culture, not just a good team, and a guy like Noel eh...he wasn't exactly the best professional in Phila, add those stories about him off the court, the fact that he always had some injuries here and there...on the other hand Capela is a great guy to have around, certainly not a idiot like Noel, no injuries...

What i'm saying is, while i do think there's a good chance Capela won't get a big offer next summer (mostly cause there'll be other good centers available, some of them being unrestricted), i still wouldn't bet against that just because Noel didn't.

8. Nook

Nook Member

"Hakeem Olajuwon isn't walking through that door fans. Yao Ming ain't walking through that door, and if he does, he will be old and gray."

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Someone will give him max or close to max once he is a RFA.

Lots of dumb teams out there and bigs are always overpaid.

10. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Because Capela is twice the player as Noel?

11. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

bs

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Lebron to Houston! Confirmed!!!!!

13. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

You are too late. I reported your post pre-edit.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Smart move i love it

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

In what world? Put Noel here to run the floor, block shots, rebound, and run PnR and he'd thrive too.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Capela will get a big offer, but there's level to this. If he has a good season then I could see 4/70-4/80, but the max like people seem to be implying? I don't think so unless he really blows up or a team loves him so much that they're willing to offer him a max because they know there's no way in hell that we're matching that. Is Capela the type of player that a team would covet so much that they'd be willing to give him a salary starting at around 27 mil? Very few teams will have a significant amount of space next summer.

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Great! I've got him in fantasy. He'll be playing out of his mind to max out his restricted offers.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

FWIW, I think this is one reason why the Rockets gave Tarik Black their Bi-Annual Exception instead of trying to get him for the minimum. Now, his Non-Bird rights allow the Rockets to re-sign him next summer to a multi-year deal starting at nearly $4 million (instead of for just over the vet minimum). If Capela gets an offer that is simply too rich for the Rockets, at least they can bring back both Nene and Black at center (plus hope Onuaku develops). Not ideal, for sure. But it's better than nothing.

Deuce likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope it doesn't come to that

my hope is that he's part of a trade package for a star in the frontcourt at the deadline or brought back for something like 4/70