1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thunder inviting former Rockets to camp

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The_Yoyo, Sep 30, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

small tidbit about two former Rockets getting invites to the Thunder training camp.

link

link is more about Harden's ankle roll tidbit is at bottom

Nice to see another team giving Harris a shot I really liked him when he played here. As for Flying Ryan he always deserves a roster spot, just not with the Rockets

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed on Harris, disagree strongly on Ryan.

DD

3. 1individual

1individual Member

Harris is another hustle and bustle player like Scola and Landry, except his offense is weaker. I liked the energy he brought into the game, but we need to fix our weaknesses first.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I really like Mike Harris for his work ethic and hustle. If only he wasn't 6'6 he would have been a great roleplayer on a squad. I hope he sticks with the Thunder, they are my 2nd fav team...

5. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I could see Harris fitting in with the Thunder. A scrappy, hustle guy who will pick up the loose scraps from Durant, Westbrook, Green and Harden.

Bowen? Nope.

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I wish Mike Harris the best. I love his character and his game and really hope he can find a permanent home in the NBA, even if it isn't with us.

7. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

We shouldve invited Mike Harris to camp. He fits right in with our team. He could play the 3 and 4. I'm actually sorta surprised he wasn't. I hope he gets onto the Thunder. They're my 3rd favorite team.

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

i liked mike harris. :(

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mike Harris > Morris Almond
    yup

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I liked Harris a lot too but he is redundant. He can't play the 2 and it too small to play the 4 so where is he going to get minutes behind Battier and Ariza. It would be a wasted roster spot for a team that needs size up front and guard skills at SG.

I do think he has the skills to make himself valuable to other NBA teams, however.

11. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I hope that if he doesn't make their roster, then we sign him to our D-League.