1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Thunder] Andre Roberson 3yr/$30mil

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by red5rocket, Jul 6, 2017.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Looking forward to hacking him relentlessly next time we play OKC

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think EG can shoot better than him lefthanded....and w/ his eyes closed.....jumpin off 1 leg

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's a good defender but he got exposed, he's like Kawhi with no feel for the game and no shooting ability. I guess this is why Morey passed on Kawhi in favor of baby Melo, 70% of people with his body type end up out of the league, 29% turn into Robersons and 1% turn into Kawhi.

I feel like Roberson at 10M is too much, I mean I compare him to Tucker and Tucker has better skills despite not being as much of an athletic freak. If our own Troy Williams just worked hard he would probably match Roberson's contribution easily.

juanm34 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Roberson is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA. He's painful to watch sometimes.

This is an appropriate contract for what he brings.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. AXG

AXG Member

Scrubs getting paid...

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Roberson really showed me something in the playoffs with his defense on James.

His size and quickness and strength are great.

With

Russ
    Roberson
    PG
    Pat
    Adams

Along with Doug and kanter off the bench , okc has a nice defensive starting 5 with ok scoring off the bench .

OKC , MIN , Utah ( if they get crowder and Bradley) , LAC , HOU , GS , and SA could all be 50+ win caliber teams .

The west is just insane.

Davis and cousins on NOP are also an extremely talented duo and it will be interesting to see how they mesh with a fresh start.

9. rocketseagles07

Say what you want about his offense... he gives harden more trouble than any other defender... not happy he's back

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think almost everyone on CF can shoot better than him lefthanded... w/eyes closed... jumping off 1 leg.

Also, that's awful on the tip. What a cheap chit.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Utah and LAC not winning 50+

12. Nook

Nook Member

The game isn't like it was in the past.

If you are really bad on offense, it doesn't matter how good you are defensively as a wing..... you are going to be a liability.

I get what Presti is trying to do. He is going to be able to run out George and Roberson as long wings that will slow down players like Durant, Harden and LeBron.

The problem is that the Thunder will need to score too, and the ball movement with Roberson isn't going to be good.

YOLO likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It will come down to health for LAC and for Utah if they get crowder and Bradley , I think it's a lock .

Gobert is a stud and adding more defensive pressure on the wings is gonna be stifling

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Who's going to lead that Utah team scoring wise? Joe Ingles? Joe Johnson? Ricky Rubio?

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Idk what happened to his offense. In college he led a CU team that won the Pac-12 in scoring I think (or was very close to scoring with Carlon Brown, I don't remember exactly). I guess he was also a 4/5 in college, so he wasn't used to shoot a ton from the outside. But he was't totally incompetent back then

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Presti does it again!!!
    GM of the year confirmed!

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Man that is as pathetic as his offense --- just terrible

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You can't average 94 points a night and win 50 games......especially not in the West. If they get Crowder and Bradley, they could get to 45-47 wins, but that team would be abysmal at shooting the ball.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I could see Rodney hood doing it .

They may have trouble scoring at the end of games without a star player. But if that defense is as good as I think it will be with crowder Bradley Rubio and Gobert there are going to be plenty of transition buckets.

I think their coach is really good . And his offense is not dependant on a primary scorer but on off-ball movement and sharp passing.

In 14-15 the Spurs won 55 games with kawhi leading the scoring at under 17 a game.

The next year they won 67 with him being the only guy over 20 ... At 21.

It can happen . You don't need a dominant scorer if your system and defense is good enough . I'm not saying UTAH will be at the Spurs level . But I can see them breaking 50 wins .

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Snyder is no where near the coach Pop is (not saying you said he was) and their system is just on another level. Just don't see how they can win 45 unless they just destroy all east teams.