1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Those of you not in Houston, a ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 5, 2000.

Tags:
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Since the Rox are NBA/TNT/TBS pariahs this forthcoming season, does anyone know if there is any cable TV option that would allow me to see the games? Or am I dreaming and have no other option than a satellite dish?
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but there is no "Hard Up Out of State" forum.

------------------

2. MManal

MManal Member

To get the NBA League Pass which allows you to see all the games, you have to get either a satellite dish (DirecTV, etc) or get Digital Cable. Call your cable company and see if they have digital cable in your area.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

3. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

yeah I lived in Houston all my life until lastyear. We got the NBA League Pass and it was great. I didn't miss one Rockets game. It gives you every game except the ones on national TV.

------------------

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Rox, just get a realplayer so you can listen to the games on the internet and join us in the chat room during the games. There are very good visual descriptions given in there. [​IMG]

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."
    ---George Carlin

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Many thanks.

------------------

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With DirecTV, you can get the NBA League Pass option.

I moved to an apt. community that has satellite. When I moved in they said they'd be getting DirecTV. After I signed the lease, they said they were having problems getting the contract stuff worked out with the satellite company. About a month later, they got the stuff worked out. I roll up to my doorstep to find what else but a freakin' Dish Network van...

ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! NO DIRECTV, NO ROCKETS!!!!
    MOTHER OF GOD AND ALL THINGS HOLY!!! ARRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!!
    MY APARTMENT FACES THE WRONG WAY AND I COULDN'T GET A DIRECTV SATELLITE DISH IF I WANTED TO!!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGG!!!!
    I SIGNED A 1 YEAR LEASE!!! ARRGGGGGG!!!!!!!
    WHY ME?!?!?!??! ARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

------------------
    Just shut up and post

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

The best part about League Pass for me is that they sent me two $25 gift certificates for the NBA store. Now I finally have a respectable Rockets cap!

Dr. of Dunk, I feel your pain...well actually I don't, but...you know...I tried.

------------------
    Ugh, Another Rockets off-season....I'm gonna need a keg
    of Pepto-Bismol.

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Are you saying your fat? [​IMG]

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."
    ---George Carlin

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited August 05, 2000).]

9. steviewonder

steviewonder Member

I am getting the NBA League Pass. Does it come free with Digital TV???

------------------
    Peace,
    Dave
    Rockets Online

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Direct TV has it, but you will still be subject to blackout laws, unless you know how to program the DSS smart card.

DaDakota

"DSS.Hack newsgroup is pretty cool"

PS. In no way am I condoning the pirating of direct TV, however, if you do get it for free, GOOD for you !!!"

[​IMG]

------------------

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Are you guys sure you can get NBA League Pass off of Digital Cable? I am looking to get it for next year, not just for the Rockets as much as the whole league. (I get about 60 games out of the 82 via Beaumont cable but still want the other 22 [​IMG]) I had heard about it for years on DirecTV. Is it true that it's available on Digital Cable also? I'm just curious cause it would be better cost-wise for me, a guy who has cable, simply to go to digital cable rather than buy a dish, etc. for DirecTV.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net

Vote in the 64 player 1 on 1 NBA Tournament! (Second Round)
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000965.html

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited August 05, 2000).]

12. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I live in freakin Alabama, so i dont get fox sports sw (i do get a lot of hawks games though), my stupid digital cable has no sports packages whatsoever, and my house is surrounded by freakin trees, so i cant get DirectTV. I might be able to watch 3 games total all season long! Life sucks. How come theres still so many Kings games on national tv? America wants to see Francis, not Jweed. Even Kenyon Martin gets more airtime than us.

------------------
    Hakeem, Hasaw, Haconquered.

13. Colby

Colby Member

For those who find themselves on the road or out of Houston there are several options for Rocks games and info.

Satelite and NBA packages are great.
    In Ft Worth i get the Rockets when the Mavs aren't playing on Fox Sports.

Get Real Player and listen to the Gene Peterson on the net. "Backing it in, backing it in, turn, little dipsy dooo, and he scores"

ESPN has a gamecast that has no sounds but has a running game log. This is great for stat junkies like me.

When i was in Florida i would wait for the Rocks to play Miami or Orlando. Check when the Rocks play your local team.

Finally - Sportsbars, Sportsbars, Sportsbars
    They will have any and every game. Find one w/ good prices, 82 times is alot of times to frequent a place.

We can't all live in Houston all the time.

Go Rocks

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Damn D.O.D., that sucks bigtime! Don't worry...you still have my visual descriptions [​IMG]. The less sober I am...the more colorful the Rocket commentary. I don't drink without the live Rocket games on...pure and simple.

This has been one hell of a long offseason...it seems like forever. I can't wait for Oct. 31 or at least to start getting pre-season press. Hopefully, DirecTV will carry some pre-season games although I doubt they will. The Astros have made the wait even more unbearable because they suck.

What is a sports fan to do? The horror...

Surf

------------------

[This message has been edited by Surfguy (edited August 06, 2000).]

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

ROXTXIA,
    I have been a Rockets since Phi Slamma Jamma was happening. Moved to Austin 4 years ago and had to tolerate all the Spurs fans and press. I became "free" with a Sony satellite and DirecTV's NBA League Pass. It was about $160 last year and worth every penny - I saw about 72 or so Rockets games and the rest on NBC or TBS. There were even some pre-season games. It was monster and I'm doin' it again this year. Maybe someone else can address the cable situation for you. Good luck and don't give up the fight.

------------------
    GATER

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

i live in houston..however during those pay per view playoff games i sometimes wish i lived elsewhere so i could get the game.. rockets pay per view is too costly lol...just let us watch it on tnt or tbs and stop blocking it out!!

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

17. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

SPORTSBAR!!...I go to the ESPN SportsZone, in time square, a couple of blocks from my apartment, yea the beer is a bit pricey, but I refuse to pay perview events, because if we give in to that soon all sports will be pay per view, mark my words.

------------------

18. Houston_baller3

I have Digital Cable and I think if you live out of Houston you can see rocket games on NBA LEAGUE PASS. I remember the first week of last years season all the games were free but since I live in Houston I couldnt see any Rockets games on league pass but i saw all there games on FSSW or WB39. After the first week of the NBA you have to pay $170.00 for the rest of the season.But if you cant afford it theres aways NBA.COM TV they have live lookings all around the nba and up to the minute scoreboards. Oh and some game highlights everyday .

------------------

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey, this League Pass thing, it includes ALL nba games, no? You just choose who you want to watch any given night. Or can you only buy a pass for one team?

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thanks for the info HB3. I live in Beaumont, and although I know we have digital cable here, I just hadn't heard of NBA League Pass being offered as an option of it. I'll check into it tomorrow. Thanks!

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net

Vote in the 64 player 1 on 1 NBA Tournament! (Third Round)
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000971.html