1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thomas Hamilton, 2nd best rebounder in league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Dec 13, 1999.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to love that guy. He magnifies Barkley's Law. Barkley's Law is that the probability of snaring a rebound is directly proportional to the surface area (of the court) occupied by a player to the exclusion (through hip and elbow clearance) of other players. Hamilton's Law updates Barkley: The probability of snaring a rebound is proportional to the surface area occupied by that player multiplied by his height. At 7'2" and with even more girth than Chuck, Hamilton should establish himself as the Black Hole of the Boards.

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

LOL. Trust me, it is absolutely a nightmare to play against a fat man that knows how to use his fat. I once jumped up to do a lay-up and this fat guy stood in my way. Let me tell you, bouncing off a guy's stomach is the weirdest feeling you will ever get. Also, a fat guy with a hook is literally impossible to block. You basically have to jump over a huge mountain to get to the ball.

[This message has been edited by rocketsfan34 (edited December 13, 1999).]

3. Jovi

Jovi Member

LOL...I know what it´s like to play against "Fettklopse" from handball games...

4. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

So should he lose wieght or not? 20 pounds less would be nice.

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Man, that guy has got all the skills needed to become a force in this league. If I were him, I would lift weights and run on the treadmill all day knowing that if I got down to 300 lbs of muscle, I would be unstoppable. I mean, think about it guys, Shaq's moves have all been from his force...have you ever seen Shaq do a jumphook? THam could be unstoppable at age 24 if he just worked out 24/7.

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cabbage I agree with you he has skills.

Just 1 thing: it is tough to change 25 years of bad habits. It has to be something he wants to do. key is to figure out what would make him want to do it (starting, being a star, money, $).

But Charles came into the league at 297, wonder if he could work with Hamilton? Another possibility is re-doing his contract and giving incentives for his weight.

7. thacabbage

I just don't understand why he wouldn't want to lose weight. He would have to be stupid to not realize what he could become. Being the only player able to match up with Shaq should be incentive enough.

8. 3pointer

3pointer Member

T. Hamilton has been a very nice surprise to all of us , little by little we are starting to see what Rudy T. and CD saw in him and the best thing about it is that CD keeps working w/him to improve his game , I am sure that as time progresses we will see him get better and better at it , I just hope he applies himself because if he does we will be good at that position for a long time.

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cabbage:
    Remember everyone is not driven to be great. Look back at #1 picks from the draft who never panned out. Their skills were there, but for whatever reason it never happened.

I think it's too much of a psychological question, but some people have greater dreams & aspirations than others, while others just want to get by.

I would be nice to get into his head to see what drives him to get better!

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

His weight may be more due to biology than work ethic. He may have as much trouble taking off weight as I've got putting it on. Shaq's work regimen keeps him trim enough to play, but his body is probably more cooperative than Hamilton's.

11. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

I agree with 4 chuckie. It would be interesting to see, what Hamilton does if he has weight related incentives in his contract.

12. Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder Member

Yea those two guys also lead the league in body fat per minute. [​IMG] The only thing they grab on a regular basis is their lunch.

------------------
    Stevie Wonder says "they call him FRANCHISE because his dunks are for sale at an arena near you."

13. thacabbage

Juan, you bring up a good point there. I apologize for the negative comments/accusations I had made towards Hamilton.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A word of support for THam :

I've joked about the guy myself, but let's be realistic. The guy HAS lost a lot of weight already. He used to be 370-390 pounds. He's down to a reportedly slimmed-down 330-335 pounds. Folks, that's about 40-55 pounds. And you have to believe it was tough for him considering when you're 390 even at 7'3", you've got to worry your heart gets fed up and quits on you during any endurance exercise.

Give the man his props and let's hope he bulks up more like Shaq (muscle-wise). He's got skills, that's quite obvious from what I've seen.

GO T.HAM!!!!!

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

15. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

I know this doesn't mean much. But Thomas Hamilton is averaging 19.1 rebounds per 48 minutes of play. Second only to Jahidi White of the Wizards (21.1). I just thought that was pretty impressive.

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Now that Chuckie's gone, Hambone is my new favorite Rocket.

Do you guys remember when $haq tried to post him up? He could barely budge him.

THam WILL be a force. With guys like CD, CB, and the DREAM tutoring him, the sky is the limit.

But can you imagine $haq getting thrown to the ground by a monstrous Ham-Dunk? Wierd.

17. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

HAM-BONE is starting tonight !!

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2 Sandwiches was called 2 rebounds tonight.

[​IMG]

I like his promise, but he REALLY needs to get in shape. If he can, like Ike Austin, then we have a keeper.

Can you believe this guy was a High School QB?

DaDakota

19. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I've liked THam from the beginning and am glad he is getting more and more time on the court. He definitely is earning it.

We don't need to worry about incentive with this guy. From what I see, he is excited to be out there just like Carlos Rogers. I saw it in Hamilton's face - he is hungry.

Think Rudy and company have got us another good one. WAY TO GO! KEEP IT UP TBONE! BIGT! I will call you anything you want!!!

20. thacabbage

I am not going to say anything...