1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team plays so uninspired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Nov 9, 2013.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

I miss the Chuck Hayes-Carl Landry-Kyle Lowry days where they would scrap, fight, and hustle on every possession. They weren't the most talented team, but they would play together and with a purpose. Opposing teams knew they couldn't sleep or else they'd get burned.

I see no sense of urgency with this team. They don't play cohesive and there's no sense of brotherhood like there was with Scola's Rockets. As a fan it isn't fun to watch.

I don't like Harden.
    I don't like Howard.

Yes, Yes, I know it's early in the season but these 2 have shown 0 ability to get these guys behind them and lead this young team. If your two star players aren't hustling on every possession and playing lackadaisical, the energy (or lack thereof) is apparent within the rest of the team.

Something needs to happen soon. I can't believe I used to be more excited to watch Scola and Chuck Hayes than I am Harden and Howard. I miss the real Rockets.

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Can everybody relax with the doomsday threads? This is getting ridiculous

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Umm they have been trying hard on defense. Shots just weren't falling this game.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree...

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

trust me, be very, very careful what you wish for.

Be happy Harden and Howard are in Houston.

6. Kadoz

Kadoz Member

Dwight was excellent

He just didn't get the ball in the second half

7. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

This team has no leader. Howard is not a leader. Harden is a diva. Lin can only lead role players.

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

Need a veteran leader like Battier.

9. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I'd keep the talented team than the hustling team though

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Oh I understand they're our only hope to win anything. They've disappointed me greatly so far though. Not necessarily just from their play, but they aren't leading this team in any direction (so far, it's still early). I just see them b**** at the other guys for every little mistake. Howard has scarcely hustled and Harden hasn't hustled at all this season.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What a whiny b****. It's not even the day after Christmas and your crying about your gift.

1 person likes this.
  12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

They were more inspired last season. I think Dwight is a chemistry killer, I really do. With the previous team of last season, everyone acknowledged Harden as the alpha dog and they were cool with it because it also meant the team ran and everyone had fun.

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It's chemistry. I think the announcers may be on to something. The players don't seem to like each other.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

Doubt so. Harden and Parsons campaigned for Dwight to come to Houston remember?

I think its the effect of major changes in lineups, tactics and overall familiarity.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I sure don't miss those days.

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Clippers commentators were noting the same thing. Basically they were saying that this team has no leader. Harden "doesn't talk much" and Dwight's not serious enough.

Superstars like Lebron get their teammates involved. Harden and Howard do lots of ISO's and that takes other guys out of their rhythm. Other guys don't feel like they're a part of the offense. No passing or ball movement like last year. Last year we had the number 2 offense in the league. I think w/ Howard the team this year really has to slow it down. It's much less exciting, and the results are actually not as good even with superior talent.

17. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

Mchale should assign himself to the D-League this time

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Sometimes I dream...that ^is me.

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That's when the coach needs to be involved and act like a leader but McHale looks just as clueless. The Clippers look like a totally different team in attitude and focus under Doc Rivers.

20. awc713

awc713 Member

I see that same tenacity is Garcia and Beverly to be honest.