This team has borderline expansion level talent right now

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hank McDowell, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Contributing Member

Not watching Texans games post Watson injury has proven a wise choice on my part. I recommend others follow suit.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member

I think this is partially true, parity in the NFL leads to a situation where the difference between contender and crap is pretty small. When a team loses 2 of their 3 best defensive players and their franchise QB, they are sunk no matter how good they were before that. In fact, I don't think anyone could name a team that had a QB operating at an elite level that could lose that QB and 2 of their 3 best defensive players and still be even halfway decent.

ipaman likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Seriously.

Of course the team sucks now, we've lost some of our best players to injury PLUS our starting QB.

I mean sure, depth, but depth doesn't replace special players like that.

ipaman likes this.
  4. texian

texian Member

Not really. Just because Watson was able to run around to save his life doesn't mean his offensive line was any good.

Our OTs and OGs have been graded at the bottom of their positions all season long.

This isn't just your average awful OL... it's tremendously bad, historically bad, expansion franchise bad.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member

The O line isn't the whole team though and O lines all across the league have been god-awful....likely due in part to the league severely limiting contact drills at practice...something vital to O line play.

Even if the O line is trash, and it is, that doesn't mean that the team has borderline expansion level talent, it just means they have a garbage O line like half of the league does.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The Houston Texans 2017 Season Summary:

[​IMG]

7. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

This is the result of starting threads out of sheer emotion.