1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This season you will be rooting for Rivers and Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jul 18, 2019.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

would be a bad look for us considering he took less money to stay with us. I hope he emerges as a viable 2nd option off the bench and we don't overuse harden or westbrook but we all know that wont happen

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't like the dump it in the post and knock it out to him when time was expiring. Pippen wanted a diff system. I didn't disagree with what Pippen said about Barkley. I just didn't like how he handled it. I NEVER wanted Houston to trade our core for Barkley. We were just desperate to get passed the Sonics. We probably wouldn't have even needed Barkley if Max didn't screw up our Jay Will deal. This is before Jay Will went nuts and killed someone (think it was his driver). The lineup of Dream Jay will horry clyde smith ellie sam i am would have been great.

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I always thought if he could have hung on for 1 more year and we had traded barkley instead, Rockets would have been better off with Pippen and francis. He didn't like playing pg, or barkley. I think we held on to the wrong superstar

4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Hopefully it would be something austin would be happy about, where he gets a lot of playing time. On the other hand, Russ is getting older and puts a lot of pressure on his body. I don’t believe in jinxes, so if he gets injured which could happen, we won’t be horrible while he heals. Who would play backup PG if Russ is out and we trade rivers?

eliefor3 likes this.