1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THIS SEASON OR NEXT SEASON?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by who?, Dec 9, 1999.

Tags:
  1. who?

who? Member

What do you guys think we should do now, do we look to make moves and try and make a run at those playoffs. Or do we cut our losses for the season and go for that high draft pick.

Personally I'd like to see us make a commited move to those playoffs, because I'd rather have a winning basketball team than a losing one

2. How funny is it to hear a Karla fan crying about unfair.

Next thing you know..."Curly" Miller himself is going to shed tears with you at a press conference.

3. Dude, at least the Rox are going down because of injury. Much more pleasant a pill to take than watching your team eat Karla's and Slopton's contracts for the next few years. Wait a minute isn't your team barely over .500.

In the process, we milked your team of any future in Shandon Anderson. Unless of course you believe that Osterfat, Eyeless, and Byron "or is it Brian" Russel will be leading your team to any titles. Face it. Karla and Slopton aren't carrying your cool team to any titles before theyre done, and your owner refuses to pay one more cent to fill out their roster. No one wants to come and play in the Vast wasteland that is the Utah Jazz team. You won't get any good picks for a while (hey if you like middle of the road success with early playoff exits so be it) Your owner wont squeeze another dime out of his flanel shirt wearing ass, and youll have to live with the fact that Karla and Slopton will be eating every dime that he was willing to even shell out.

The Rox still have great young guys in Francis, Anderson, Mobley, Cato, and Thomas. A future at least. What do the Spazz have? A few mediocre years left with Karla, and Slopton. Howard Eyeless, Brian Russell, Pete Chilcutt, Greg Osterfat????? Yeah your future looks bright.

So who's got no future.

It doesn't matter if the Rox fail at making the playoffs this year. If your Jazz don't win the title (which I'd stake my life on) they haven't accomplished anything more. Except the inability to get a solid player through the draft. Oh well, even if you got a great player in the draft. I wouldn't be long before they packed their bags and left on the first 747 out of Utah.

Dude go back to rattling immature Laker fans on their board. After all. One good 12 year old poster deserves another.

[This message has been edited by thedreamshake99 (edited December 09, 1999).]

4. DamonP

DamonP Member

jazzrule nice to know you tried desperately to get shandon anderson and our $20 million less made his decision easy. I think someone is a tad bitter.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is time to go hard core for youth.

If they can win, then the rocks go to the playoffs.

The rockets should try to trade anyone they can for McGrady except Hakeem, Francis, Mobley, and Cato. I don't think getting McGrady would be giving up, and it would drastically help the future.

Let Thomas be the third big man. He alters the team chemistry when he is in there.

Get Sam Mack under contract. Not a savior, but could be a bandaid if the rockets decide to trade a SF or SG.

See if Barkley will be an assitant coach. I think he would do a great job as a rebounding instructor and a mentor to the younger players. It was a great experience having him in Houston.