1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why i wish blacks would stop talking about racism so much

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 27, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We are teaching uneducated blacks and black youths not to appreciate what can be achieved here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45656149

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree. We should adopt the North Korean system of how to enforce patriotism.

If you are an atheist, tough luck also. You have to be coerced into repeating "under God" every morning.

#2 fchowd0311, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hated doing the pledge in HS. I thought it was a waste of time to do that every morning...I didn't feel 'patriotic', or like a good citizen because I did some silly pledge every morning...but I still did it. I think this has more to do with a rebellious teen trying to prove she doesn't have to do something she doesn't want to than her trying to make some sort of statement in front of the 15-20 or students in her class on behalf of injustice. They just wanted her to stand, not even say the words...not perform some lengthy ritual or pray in Allah's name or whatever...just stand. Expelling her was a bit extreme thou. Damn, this happened last year ? Wonder why they're just now reporting...weird timing.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you think having kids say the pledge is bad like north korea

iconoclastic likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That seems to be a 1st amendment violation right there. The article tells you the supreme court already ruled on it 70 years ago.

Here are the outcomes from that case:

https://www.dinsmore.com/publications/can-schools-force-students-to-stand-for-the-pledge/

Following Barnette and other related cases, the following guidelines are clear:

1. Schools cannot require students to recite the Pledge or stand for the Pledge (including standing silently while other students recite the Pledge).
    2. Students cannot be required to leave the room while other students recite the Pledge, obtain parental approval to be exempt from reciting the Pledge, or explain or justify themselves if they choose not to recite the Pledge.
    3. To be entirely clear, schools may wish to inform students that they have the right not to participate in the Pledge. Even if they do not, teachers may not lecture students about patriotism or respect for the flag or the like if a student refuses to stand, as a way to influence students to participate.
    So the answer to the title of this alert is clear: no, a school cannot force a student to stand for the Pledge. The First Amendment, of course, is implicated in all manner of situations in schools on a daily basis.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not sure what is to discuss here. No kid should be forced to participate. Its not the schools job to indoctrinate children, whether its good or bad for the country. And this goes MANY more subjects.

Nook, DFWRocket, R0ckets03 and 6 others like this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

“Pledge of Allegiance” sure has a totalitarian ring to it.

“With Liberty and Justice for All” ... kind of Orwellian.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It sounds like she took the lesson that much can be achieved here. If she were alive in the Jim Crow era she wouldn't dare refuse. That sort of uppitiness could get you lynched back then. It seems to me that she understands, implicitly or explicitly, that she's a full citizen who can actually exercise the rights we like to say she has -- or at least closer to being a full citizen than her forebears.

Nook, RayRay10, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

This is just one of the reasons why the NFl player and other or protesting because guys like Paxton think they can control the way someone thinks and feels this joke of Attorney General clear has that good ole boy thinking going on here knowing that the courts have already ruled in 1943 Supreme Court case ruled that students cannot be required to stand for the pledge.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yessa mastah....iza Make sure i stands and saloots from now ons

peleincubus, Nook, apollo33 and 5 others like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

This is why I wish pgabriel would stop talking about anything so much.

xtruroyaltyx, CometsWin and Rashmon like this.
  12. biina

biina Member

I agree and think that the role of a school should be well defined. Schools should help children develop the ability to think for themselves and be productive, and, not be involved in indoctrinating or pushing specific ideologies.

edwardc likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But it isn't Jim Crow. You're better than s straw man

Even more to the point those days are long over

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So what's your reaction to the fact that the parent did follow the (incredibly unconstitutional) law by sending in a letter approving of her daughter's stance and the district still rejecting it?

It's been decided law for 7 decades that a person cannot be forced to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm not sure how this is still an issue. I'd say I'm surprised that Paxton got involved...but he's an indicted schmuck who only belongs in prison.

JeeberD likes this.
  15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What a dumb ass thread. Expected though.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Bottom line is this the school broke the law and should be held accountable for it . There jobs is to educate not indoctrinate someone else's child with there beliefs.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Now that we've established that pgabs account was not hacked, I'm beginning to believe he is a genius troll account.

Here's my theory:

So he sets up an account in 2002 and establishes a persona of a somewhat conservative level headed person of apparent African American descent. Over the course of a few years he gains a nominal level of respect based upon these bonafides.

Then he disappears for a period of time.

Cut to the "Great Mistake of 2017" and he makes a comeback as a wild eyed water carrier spouting black self hatred and unabashed support for our somewhat racist leaning dotard of a president. Having established the bonafides as a rational black conservative he has cover to spew semi-racist nonsense without the taint of being called a racist.

Well played pgabs. Well played.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Respectability Negros. I wonder if he would feel save in sundown towns.....

Rashmon likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's exactly my point though. Jim Crow is dead. Gone are the days when you have to avert your eyes when a white woman walks by. Black people have rights and not just in theory but in practice, because America is a wonderful place. And one of the things black people of her generation or my generation can do unabashedly is to express themselves freely with little risk of government suppression. You don't have to stand when they say stand. You can burn the flag, and piss on it to put it out again. The other thing we get to do is when we see some government entity pass laws that are out of keeping with our rights, we can take action to force them to fix it. It could have been any Texan public school child to take this law to court to test its constitutional muster, since the law after all impinges on the rights of white kids and black kids alike. But, it wasn't just any child but this black child, participating in our civic sphere like any white person could. This story didn't have to be racial except that the OP made it so. But, if you want to say this black girl isn't learning about what can be achieved in our country, that's ridiculous; she's living it right now.

dmoneybangbang, amaru and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If its over why the long post about. What is she is she protesting?