1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is where the real season begins.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Azim da Dream, Nov 26, 1999.

1. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

As devastating as this excruciating close loss was to the Portland Pippens, this is the perfect oportunity for the Rocks to build on this loss. Losing in overtime to the most dominant team in the league is not something to look down upon. Add into the fact that some 6-foot 11-inch Nigerian was injured and even the most pessimistic fan should have hope. Okay, maybe the Dream injury - dare I say it - was a blessing in disguise. The court opened up, the paint was declogged and the running game flourished.

But thing we all - and more importantly the team - has to do is move on and build on this game. This could and should be the turning point for this team, and who knows, we all may look back at this game as the point where a dreadful season became promising.

Obviously, we can't make too much out of one game, but I'm positive it wasn't a fluke.

Mark this date in your calender my BBS bretheren, Friday November 26th, 1999.

Houston, prepare for liftoff.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    "Change does not necessarily assure progress, but progress
    undeniably requires change."

- Motto of the Houston Rockets

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I guess Hakeem injury is a blessing in disguise for Matt Bullard. Look for Bullard to flourish with his defense presence combined with Drew ever growing confidence. Bullard has more skill than Andreson, and Rogers, and Williams combined, according to Rudy.

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Dreams departure did change the complexion of the game with Cato seeing more playing time. But if Rudy keeps giving Bullard and Drew so much playing time, were is the change?

Lets see now if Rudy gives Cato, Massenburg, and Rogers more playing time. But is Rudy T going to give Matt bullard more playing time now. Just because Bullard hits a couple three pointers Rudy leaves Anderson, Rogers, and Williams on the bench the rest of the game.

4. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Well, the way the Wizard has been playing lately, he is not much better than Bullard. Bull is shooting better right now from the outside, their defenses are equally bad, Williams is a much better penetrator (though he's not showing it), and Bull has the size advantage. Of course, Wizard is the better player, but his offense is simply not making up for his horrific defense.

As for Rogers and Anderson; well the latter was practically non-existent today, though he has come on strong the past few games, and Rogers definately deserves more playing time.

I don't think Rudy T is planning on giving Bull and Scottie Pippen type numbers, rather he is trying new rotations and new things, because everything else is not working. Apparently, it worked today.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    "Change does not necessarily assure progress, but progress
    undeniably requires change."

- Motto of the Houston Rockets

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

he doesn't think that at all. The reason he was in was because we needed his three point accuracy to keep us in the game. I just hope we get Mack pretty soon, he would be perfect for our starting SF.

6. alaskansnowman

I really hope we get mackdaddy also. he's a bullard that can play better defense, run better, and drive better. why dont we already sign him for crying out loud?