1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is going to be a Sweep by the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 14, 2018.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Somebody needs to take out KD. Sweep the leg!

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  2. MyLateRegistration

That's the excuse now? lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think the most frustrating thing is the lack of ball movement. all of the dribbling, all of the iso-ball. ignoring Capela inside. Just terrible.

It was clear in the first half that we were working too hard to get shots. We needed better ball movement. But instead we came out in the 2nd half and played the exact same way; no adjustments. No exploiting one of the best matchups on the floor; allowing GS to go small without making them pay inside. Just terrible coaching. I'm putting this one on MDA. I don't care how many points Harden scores, if he's not making the players around him better, he's not doing enough. If we don't get the team involved; if we don't have good ball movement, we are not going to advance.

Poor team play and poor strategy and leadership tonight. Harden and MDA have to do better.

lw17 and butterball like this.
  4. smp

smp Member

I thought CP3 played well. I haven't looked at any stats but it seemed like he played his usual solid game to me. I did see a couple of missed rotations that lead to wide open 3s but he wasn't the only one.

Draymond Green is way over rated. I know he made the all star team but that's a stretch. He couldn't carry a team like KD, Curry, and Harden. Those guys are legit all stars.

Thompson can't carry a team for an entire season either. So legitimate, lead a team to the playoffs by yourself all stars is 2-1 GS. The role players is the difference. We needed Ryno and EG to offset the GS bench and it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Fuzzybear likes this.
  5. BackdoorHarden

word. KD ruined the NBA

Tfor3, bballjunkie and BigShasta like this.
  6. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

FCK to The U, F U!

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Warriors just too good man... No need to bash Rockets players.. They're on another level man

daywalker02 and htownrox1 like this.
  8. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I doubt that we are gonna get sweep. The game was a lot closer than it appears on the box score. We were right there until the last 2 minutes of the game despite allowing 50%fg. We have a really really bad habit of complaining to refs for no calls that often yield a bad result. The perfect example would that miss call on back court violation where James was complaining to the ref and late on getting back which resulted in a broken defensive set. Klay hit a WIDE OPeN dagger 3 right after that and stretched the lead back to 10 again. It would’ve been 2 or 3 posession game instead of double digit leads if we weren’t late on defense. I can live with those kick out TOs that gets intercept because those plays would keep their defense honest. Complaining about miss call during game time were never going to help he situation anyway. Hey should just play and complain during timeout or have Danthoni throws pringles at them. We have to avoid these mental mistakes if we want to beat the warriors who came into our building shooting lights out.

hairyme and butterball like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Warriors are Elite at Turning Your Strength into a Weakness.

Won't be a Sweep.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Delete thread ban OP . This guy must be listening to TNT too much . Anyone who watched that game with an open mind know that the rockets were playing evenly or above the warriors for 3.5 quarters. We just didn't execute .

Luc and Pj and Trevor just didn't make layups . Gordon was trash for 3 quarters .

Mazulis, Richie_Rich, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

smh at a lot of u crying about the offense as if we didn’t allow Klay to drop 28, GS to shoot over 50%, and KD to drop 37 while looking unguardable

but yes, the problem in game 1 was ISO :rolleyes:...

12. farhen

farhen Member

shut it

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm not gonna predict how many games. But the Rockets didn't do anything tonight to convince me they will beat the Warriors.

1. 3-point shooting from previous 2 rounds was not adequate to beat the Warriors, and has not improved.
    2. Players who were cold are still cold.
    3. Offensive decision making was, if anything, significantly worse than the previous 2 rounds. Shot clock violations, near-shot-clock violations, guys faking and dribbling from the arc instead of taking the shot.
    4. What game plan? No pick and rolls, no screen-and-cuts, just mindless, stagnant iso for 15 seconds.
    5. Plus the missed bunnies and free throws. You can get away with missing those bunnies against the Wolves or Jazz at home. Not the Dubs.

The most depressing thing about this game, by far, is that we had six days to prepare, and we had a complete failure, not just of execution, but of thought. How do you show up a week later with such a mindless, useless offense?

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Clutchfans.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Exiled

Exiled Member

This’s easy ....by out scorings them

16. BackdoorHarden

WORD UP WORD UP as we would say in the 80's

b****ASS KLAY AND KD taking less money because they can't lead their own team ruining basketball.

F U KD

FU KLAY

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol like you’ve even been to the mgm sports book

18. BackdoorHarden

Nope. Never bet in my entire life

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So how do you know what it’s like
    You know what a sports book is?

20. BackdoorHarden

I do not know. I 'm just talking out of my ass. I know nothing about what I'm talking about.

hi, I'm Charles Barkley. Just talking crazy