1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is going to be a Sweep by the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, May 14, 2018.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I still think it goes 7. The game was closer than many of you are making it out to be. Role players gotta step up. Make adjustmebt, etc

Some of you are buying the media narrative that houston is out of Sync, standing around and playing iso ball. Newsflash: that is how we play, have played all season, and it resulted in one of he most efficient offenses of all time. This narrative is simply a result of national media members not actually watching he games.

These are CLEARLY the 2 best teams in basketball and some of you are acting like we have already lost in the 1st round of the playoffs

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets were always the underdog...but c'mon, they lost 1 game here. How about waiting until after at least game 2 before calling it a sweep?

3. threepointshot3

4 all stars to one. The way Paul is playing he is barely a star. Ariza missed ton of good open looks. Paul was 2-7 from the three point line and stat padded his stats. Gordon 6-15 shots.

That team is loaded and we only have one legit great player. Harden and Durant are by far the best two players in this series but after that the warriors have the better players

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sorry but there needs be some off ball movement. There needs to be cuts at the basket. We need the defenders to move around and out eforrt besides the man guarding the player with the ball.

lw17 and butterball like this.
  5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It’s pretty rare that the home team wins all games in a series. I never expected the Rockets to go 2-0 in the first two. I thought it would be 1-1 going to Oracle and then the Rockets steal one there to come back home 2-2. Rockets really didn’t play consistently tonight and yet were in the game until about 4-5 minutes left. If they finish better in the paint this game could easily have swung.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this

Tfor3 and MyLateRegistration like this.
  7. smp

smp Member

As far as the game tonight goes, I enjoyed watching Harden and CP3 show up and earn respect. They deserve it. I also enjoyed watching Draymond Green get owned by Capela and Tucker. He got his ass whipped tonight.

We will probably win a game or two this series but we aren't beating GS 4 times in the next 6 games. I'm going to continue to find bright spots in the games because I'm a Rockets fan and this is still one of the best eras in Rockets history. If you can only enjoy championships you are going to be miserable. Go away for 4 years because GS and LeBron have the NBA on lock.

8. butterball

butterball Member

It's not over til it's over. This is only the prelude.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

It was a good game. The win/lose will be decided by role players. Nick Young had 5 shots, he scored 9. Luc had 6 shots but scored 0. Then missed more free throws than them. Everything has to be near perfect to beat them.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I don't care if they make their shots or not. We need to shoot 50+ threes every game to have a chance. Just give the green lights to EGo, Tucker, Green, Luc and Ryno to attempt at least 30 threes a game.

lw17 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I wasn't gonna reply but then I saw this, the **** wrong you, trash talking your own fan base you are pathetic

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets don’t move the call you can’t rely on someone isoibg all game even with someone as great as harden he ducking needs help

13. threepointshot3

Cp0 was garbage for majority of the night getting lost off the ball while defending curry and. Klay.

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Gentlemen's sweep. Figure they just wanted to go ahead and get the loss out of the way. Rockets can play better and can win at Oracle.

Patience likes this.
  15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

That TNT noise pollution influencing folks here haha. Don’t let the garbage analysis by terrible commentators who evidently haven’t watched very many Rockets games convince you that the Rockets gameplan was bad. It earned them the best record in the league by a good margin.

The Rockets fell to the Trash Brothers duo of Brothers/Foster. Tonight’s special was missed calls in key moments down the stretch.

Here are the tangible reasons the Rockets lost:

Ariza played the entire game in foul trouble. That Cereberus rotation of him, Luc, and Tuck are vital for this series. They limit the possible mismatches. Ariza had to either play tentitively or sit due to accumulating 5 fouls by early 3rd quarter. Durant went off tonight either way.

Gordon was sloppy with the ball. But his shot showed signs of life. Hopefully he puts it together on Wednesday. We need his scoring. Rockets need to aim for 120 every game. Can’t settle for 100 and hope the defense checks the All-99 2K team with no fatigue.

Luc missed ALL his layups. He has dunkphobia now from the disclocated shoulder incidents. He’s gotta slow down too.

Chris Paul needs to be involved more earlier in the first and third quarters. He’s the one sitting first. Let him get his first. Same gameplan as Harden offense. Get the mismatch and ISO. Harden and Paul didn’t “take turns” as frequently tonight. Harden fatigued early because of it. Also the early adrenaline rush probably had something to do with that. Great crowd from the start. Now it’s time to settle in and execute per usual.

The good news is that all of that is not the norm. The Rockets are good enough to win the series. Hopefully they continue the theme of focusing on themselves and not the opponent. The ISO-Create brand of basketball is good enough. So is their switch everything defense. But both strategies have require their top 3 on each side of the ball to play normally. Harden/Paul/Gordon on offense, and Tucker/Ariza/Luc on defense. Capela is the anchor in the middle on both sides. That did not happen tonight. I believe it will Wednesday.

Jitters out, no Brothers/Foster hopefully, back to 0 fouls, and got punched in the face. Let’s get it Wednesday

lw17 and hairyme like this.
  16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Seconded. Rockets in 5.

Mazulis likes this.
  17. shorerider

shorerider Member

KD is the biggest goat in the history of the NBA as far as I'm concerned. Him going to a 73-win team from a already strong playoff team (for god's sake he was teamed up with RW) is the biggest joke in NBA history.

bballjunkie likes this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

damn the Rockets were 19/32 in the Restricted area... and the Warriors were 17/19...Thats ball game.

clutch citizen likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Rockets in 4

I had Rockets in 3 btu now got to change it

Daddy Long Legs likes this.