1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This changes my attitude towards Omer Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 24, 2014.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

[youtube]kgmo_V93aPU[/youtube]

Just goes that he big guy has finally brought into the team and cares about the rockets cuz if he didn't he wouldn't have been the person grab Beverley and save him from himself. Nice save, Asik.

Sorry if this been posted already

2 people like this.
  2. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I noticed this, also. Bev was about ready to go Ron-Ron.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah. Imagine the distraction this could've had on our season. Asik really potentially saved our season. Cuz who knows how long the new commissioner would've punished Beverly and we would've been without our starting pg and really no backup.

4. coffeelover665

I saw that too lol. Bev was about to give Silver the 2014 version of the detroit riot

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Beverley really is our version of mad max.

6. Chamillionaire

Imagine if we had lost PB. We`d have 40+ of Lin. :eek:

Assik is now back to Asik. (for the time being)

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I seen it also, he genuinely cared.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I don't view it that way. Yes, he's probably has resigned himself to the fact that he isn't going anywhere until the end of the season, but I don't think he's happy with his situation here! I think he generally cares for his teammates, even Howard, and his instincts kicked in when he saw Beverley possibly getting himself into trouble. As far as him wanting to be part of the Rockets (buying into) I don't think he's even close to that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

He can't go anywhere else for the rest of the season. He's not playing as big a role as he likes, but he's an important piece of a championship contending team. Would Asik rather want to be starting on a different team right now? Perhaps. But he's not stupid. I don't think it's a stretch to say that he knows his situation and understands that by far the smartest thing he could do right now is to keep his mouth shut, his head down and to do the job that he's paid to do.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Everything you stated in my opinion is true, but that doesn't mean he's bought into the Rockets, he's doing what he has to do, but he can't wait to get out of the situation that he's in! As soon as the season is over, expect his agent to try and get Asik out of here as soon as possible, which I think Morey will be more than willing to do, to escape that 15mill that he'll be making next year.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I missed this. Thx Asik.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I posted this vid like 3 times and nobody tell me I good :(

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

did you embed the video on this thread?

did you make a gif and load to this thread?

N

O

Y

O

U

D I D N O T

:p

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H6kAH8Fi3ag?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

that video cuts off.

here is a better one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kgmo_V93aPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Where the hell is the security behind the bench for that one??? Seriously that is potentially WAAAYYY too close for a drunk fan to get to the opposing teams in that situation. I understand that security cannot account for every fan in the stands, but directly behind the bench should be somewhere you would expect better coverage & faster recovery to jump on situations like that.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I love how Omer physically turns Pat's face away from the guy back toward the court. I'm glad we kept him and I hope winning solves the butt hurt for Omer.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Looks like there is a security guy heading over to talk to that guy at the end of the video. The big guy in the suit.

19. LandryMegaBeast

I really was impressed with Asik last year and his unprofessional behavior over the first part of the season soured my feelings towards him... I think he's starting to realize that we actually want him on our team. He'll leave eventually, but at least he's being a team player as of right now. Part of me wants to believe that his injury was actually legit and he needed the time to rehab... but his trade demands and pouting made it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lets hope this is a step in the right direction for the 2nd part of the season

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Omer has no reason to not want to contribute and gel with the team. He's on a Darkhorse title contender and if he does well on a great team he will get paid, again.

Glad to see him realize his opportunity.