1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things You Hate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Apr 12, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Was it anything like this scene from Kingdom. Liked the show, but this was really hard for me to watch.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It's not a lack of manners, its proper there to eat loudly and show your appreciation for the food. That's proper manners for them.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Is it proper manners to have a child just **** in the middle of the road or on a bus like a bird in a cage? Is it proper manners to just randomly spit on the sidewalk? Is it proper manners to just cut in line?

No, there are a lot of very rude Chinese people.

It was almost a brawl when a Chinese man spit indoors near my wife's foot....... and then later spit a pork bone on my shoe. He got the hell out of dodge after I kicked him in the back.

The culture is different, especially with the history with Mao........ but it is rude. Likewise someone in China could argue that Westerners are rude.

Hygiene just isn't a major priority.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

MVP voters

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Mainland China has some of the rudest people on this planet. There are a lot of rural people living in a urban society. I assume the country grew so fast that people that were in the country side all of sudden became city dwellers.

Nook and Kruze10 like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I don't doubt that at all.

I dated a girl from China for about two years. She was very Americanized as she came over to the USA when she was only 10 years old. She said that going back to China a couple of times was very difficult for her and her family because the customs and rules were different than those in the USA (which she was used to). She always blamed the rudeness on the rule under Mao, stating that what they encouraged in the government was not exactly polite manners.

I have gone a number of times to China on various trips. It is a country going through a lot all at once. There are a lot of people that are from the country that are now urban dwellers and really don't seem happy about it. Still I have met some very good people in China, and for the most part people there just want to be left alone, like in the rest of the world.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Cutters. I won't let you in.

Ironically, people who b**** about people clogging "the fast lane" are almost always the same folks that try to cut in line at the last second.

Just piss-poor behavior, and YOU are the reason traffic gets jammed up; not the guy going 65 in "the fast lane."

8. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Sales reps for vendors who don't realize that it is not my job to network for them.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

People hating other people for having fun in a manner that is "disrespectful". Whether it is Brad Keller beaning Tim Anderson for celebrating a homer or people complaining about the wave.

10. MystikArkitect

Lately, people that pin other people’s success on whatever bullshit factor they can come up with rather than just admitting they’re lazy and insecure and don’t want to work hard.

Just give credit, be happy with your regular mediocre life and move on.

body slam and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Meh. Keller beaning Anderson or Archer beaning the guy on the Reds (more familiar with this situation, but assuming they're similar) is just old School baseball thought vs. new school baseball thought.

In the end, if you're going to show the pitcher up, do it with the realization that the pitcher has all the power and you're most likely going to face him again at some point in your career.

On a related note (but not at all as a slight against you), modern culture, in large. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good things, but my god, all this Facebook and Instagram crap is ridiculous. "Instagram influencers", girls whoring themselves out for "likes", people doing stupid things in general and living their lives online for "likes" and "subscribers". What happened to living an actual life and not giving a s**t about influencing other people's opinions of you through perfectly crafted and posed pictures and images online? It's just pathetic. It drives me mad. My generation sucks.

Signed, I'm 31, but get off my lawn.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This commercial:

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Driving from Austin back to Houston and these slow people that refuse to move over from the fast lane

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I'll sum it with "Austin Drivers"

Deckard likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I also hate when I'm ready to eat at the table and people want to start a discuission after every bite. Stfu I'm trying to eat.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

A lying *ss president.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wrong forum. You ought to edit that, or put it in D&D. You also should know better! ;-)

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

it's in the right thread no need to put it in D&D this thread is about things one hates

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Simplify it by saying liars