1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you hate about the gym

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

My weights at home are not enough anymore so I'm about to invest in another "membership". I haven't been to Ballys in so long until I have forgotten what I hate.

I'm sure you guys can refresh me:)

#1 Another Brother, Mar 17, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. Palmray

Palmray Contributing Member

the gym itself

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

people who pee in the shower

4. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

people not wiping their sweat off machines.

creepy dudes staring at people

the guys in the locker room who refuse to wear towels

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

dudes trying to sell 'roids

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I had an I HATE THE GYM experience this morning.

I work out 4-5 times a week at 24 hour fitness. During the work week, I am often in there from 4-5:15 AM to get a workout in before I go to the office.

This morning, I was in there at 4 AM, and I had been on the treadmill for almost a half hour when four ladies walked in.

All four ladies were bundled up because of the cold outside, and I could tell that all four were rather "big-boned".

I then started having an Al Bundy moment at the gym.

All four ladies walked up to empty crosstrainers in front of my treadmill and peeled off their overcoats, revealing four large ladies wearing spandex workout tops and small spandex workout shorts.

Then they got on the crosstrainers and started to do the cellulite shuffle. These ladies were jiggling more than a whiskey barrel full of jello. Another five minutes passed by until a buddy of mine walked in and got on the treadmill next to me. Before he said a word to me, he saw the four ladies, and in a very loud voice said Oh my God! There ought to be a law!!.

I guess that's what you get when you workout as early as I do....no waiting for a machine, but all the cellulite you can handle.

7. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

The overzealous personal trainers and membership salespeople...

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

C'mon, there's a drain...

Btw, the thing I do love about the gym is the sexy, next to nothing, short shorts hot chicks wear...Especially when they bend over...:p

9. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Equally bad... there is always one guy that shows up and has to wear the shorts that are just a bit too short (ala John Stockton)... So I'm on the stationary bike across from the abdominal crunch machine spending 5 minutes staring at the ceiling while he's doing crunches right in front of me. Nasty...

10. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Dudes who think they are all that and have to stare at themselves in the mirror every 10 seconds to see if their muscles have gone up any. They look like they wanna make love to themselves or something.

I also hate it when people try to compete with me when I am running. The other night, I was the only one on the treadmills with a row of about 15 empty ones and dude had to run right next to me and peer at how long and fast I was going and trying to keep up despite him being exhausted after 10 mins. It got pretty annoying after awhile, good thing I had already done 45 minutes by then.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That's my main beef. Why can't people bring a towel with them to the gym for this purpose? Sometimes it's sopping wet when they leave the station. I bring my own towel to the gym not only to serve as a barrier between myself and their sweat, but also to clean up any sweat I leave on the machines.

Another problem has to do with how crowded it gets at times and having to wait for certain things. I can't stand it when a group of tards lifting <100lbs on the bench press are sitting there chatting it up having a grand old time while others are waiting. Hurry the F up when you're using popular equipment.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Just the crowds, but I hate people in general. If I ever strike it rich, I'm building my own personal gym.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hate how my hands smell after handling all the weights, those things must never be cleaned. Ugh. Being stared at by weird people (guys and chicks) is kinda unnerving, but I usually just concentrate on my mp3 player and ignore it.

14. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

People who don't rack their weight when they are finished.

People who do nothing but mill about for 2 hours, especially in my general vicinity.

Dudes who eye me like I just dropped soap.

Dudes who talk while they lift. Not only is this distracting, but nothing is going to piss me off more than waiting half an hour for you to finish up that excruciating burn out set you just read about in "Jacka** Monthly" while you and your buddy carry in a conversation about your waist lines that'd make a woman blush.

15. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

Stepping into the locker room has to be the worst part of my whole day. You have naked old men everywhere. You have the guys who are using thier towel for butt floss, and it seems that all the naked guys in the locker room are in no hurry to get out. Like they almost enjoy sitting in a locker room with other guys. I don't know if its just me, but when I walk into the mens locker room, its eyes on the floor striaght to the pisser, then wash the hands and eyes to the floor out the door.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Your gymnasium doesn't provide complimentary towels? What kind of low rent sweat cellar doesn't do that in this day and age? :confused:

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

First of all, I go to one of the 24 hour fitnesses in NW Houston.

Sweat on the machines
    Taking ones time at a popular machine (chit chat, 100 sets, you get the point)
    Noisy Cross-Training machines
    Broken water fountains
    Crappy in house music (I have a workout partner, so i don't use an mp3 player)
    Strangers sparking up a conversation in the middle of my set.
    Trying to find 10 pound weights. My gym needs more.

That's it for now.

19. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

People who do circuits during the rush hour. Nothing worse than walking up to a machine only to find a guy walking away from another machine to tell you that he is using that too. People need to have some common courtesy and realize they shouldn't do that during the busy hours!

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ditto.

I hate when other people are using the gym. I use a an Apartment complex's gym, I live next door to them and they don't lock the door during the day.