1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you did not expect this season in nba!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DMO (DJ remix), Apr 10, 2017.

?

Things that surprised you most in NBA this season ?

1. Westbrook's Triple Double

2. Harden being Assist Leader

3. Wizards and Celtics being THIS good

4. Houston being THIS good

5. Jokic

6. Cousins being traded to Pelicans

7. Kawhi Leonard's improvement

8. DMO drama

9. Dekker doing great

10. Media still treating Harden and Rockets unfairly

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DMO (DJ remix)

A lot of this is Houston related and why the hell not, just some of the things of the top of my head.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Definitely Cousins to the Pelicans..with the kind of "assets" they had I could never imagine they could get him.
    I also didn't expect the Wizards and the Heat doing so well and on the other hand Minny only managing to win ~31 games.
    Beal from one year seeming like one of the worst contracts in the league, now playing like a near All -Star.

Zboy, roslolian and HTX Ninja like this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Didn't expect a big body like DoMo who can do it all to be riding the bench

Daddy Long Legs, RasaqBoi and Zboy like this.
  4. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Looking at the East standings, I would've expected Indiana to be higher in the east + Chicago to have a much better record than Miami. Philly getting more than 10 Ws was unexpected as well.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'm shocked Dwight didn't have a kid this year.

Zboy likes this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

That we know of...

Daddy Long Legs, Easy, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

My pick is Kawhi entering superstar stage of his career. All this talk about LeBron and Durant, and yet Kawhi is the best two-way player in the league right now. Scary part is that he's only 25 years old and playing for Popovich who will squeeze every ounce of greatness possible out of him. Kawhi may end up with more rings and Finals MVPs than LeBron or Durant.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Javal McGee about to be NBA Champion.

jbasket likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kevin Durant joining the Warriors, the team he could have eliminated had he himself not choked in game 7.

By joining them, he confirmed that he is a fake tough guy...... in a spectacular fashion.

Daddy Long Legs and FanSince93 like this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

May as well cancel the poll and just have a discussion. Too much stuff happened, which is the case each and every season.

Also, I don't think "Dekker doing great" is an accurate statement. Until he can hit open 3s consistently, he'll never be in anyone's rotation.

BigShasta, RocketWalta and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. DMO (DJ remix)

For a guy who was considered utter scrub by quite few people, he did surprise many of us.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Why was he ever considered a scrub?

roslolian likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uh, no. Maybe Kawhi does end up with more rings and Finals MVP then Lebron or KD, but it has more to do with Kawhi going to the Spurs than Kawhi's talent. Kawhi is definitely a superstar in his own right but he has an easy life in the Spurs, they have a veteran team and a ridiculous array of offensive threats in LMA, Parker and Gasol. If Kawhi was put on a crappy team like NO without Anthony Davis and he was forced to be the sole offensive force on that team I doubt Kawhi can keep his efficiency up.

Also both Lebron and Durant are entering the tail end of their prime they've been to so many playoffs runs their health and game are taking hits, it's not fair to compare them to Kawhi because Kawhi is not exactly a minutes leader and even gets days off due to being in a deep Spurs team and as you said he's only 25 years old, right in the prime of his career. That's like comparing Prime Kobe to old and about to retire MJ and saying Kobe was better. If KD, Lebron and Kawhi were all 25 years old and perfectly healthy are you telling me you'd rather have Kawhi over KD and Lebron? C'mon dude. Compare Kawhi to superstars in their prime right now like Harden and Anthony Davis, I'd take both those guys easily over Kawhi.Btw Anthony Davis is the best two way player in the league, he's just in a really crappy team.

Zboy likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think only Holic and DD considered him a scrub lol, they just posted it everywhere.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Triple Double and Harden breaking the NBA record for Points Produced (not just Assist leader) are pretty stratospheric -- well above everything else.

Isaiah scoring 29ppg shocked me, as well as Kashi over 25ppg. Houston's record is up there, too, plus how DM/MDA analytics on a 1-star team actually produced such a historically high Team ORtg. Not so much Boston, as that's just a 4-5 game increase after landing the summer's #2 FA prize -- Horford. Cousins to NOLA was pret

Here's another one: A new CBA being agreed upon with little argument. :eek:

Zboy likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

HP, where can i find points produced stats? They talked about it during the first half last night but then stopped.

17. heypartner

Hard to find. NBA stats shows pts from assists (accounts for 3s), so you have to add that manually to ppg. here

http://stats.nba.com/players/passing/#!?sort=AST_POINTS_CREATED&dir=1

However, that doesn't go back very far in time. But pre-3pointer era is an easy calculation, just double assists and add to ppg. Need basketball-reference to include the stat by scraping their pbp archives for 3pt era.

Harden is a near lock to break Tiny Archibald's record.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is Archibalds record 56.8 and Harden is at 56.6? A couple of 25 minute games for Harden and he may not catch up. I may have tiny's number wrong but I believe they flashed 56.8 last night....

Although it appears last night's game isnt counted yet. He had to have close to 70 last night.

19. heypartner

oh, drat, you're right. Since no 3pters in his era, you just double his assists. Harden was over 57 not too long ago.

Explains why he launched 19 threes against Detroit. :(

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I read in another thread that he had 72 last night. It will be close. Hopefully he gets it against LAC and sits against the T-pups.