1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They're On The Ropes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AndySwanny, May 2, 2013.

1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I think this quote from Durant says it all. They resorted to a desperation tactic that failed instead of playing us straight up with the game in reach. I'd like to believe that it's because they're maybe a little scared of us. Obviously Durant knows his name, and little, petty shots like that just show that we have them rattled. Then again, maybe I'm just too pumped up about the win to think straight! Go Rockets!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kevin Durant called the strategy of fouling Omer Asik the "Hack-a-.... whatever his name is."</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/329823420051230720">May 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it would have been a moment of forgetfulness, it happens, don't read too much into it

3. MonKing

MonKing Member

I think he's just too proud to risk flubbing Ashick, Ash-eek, A-sheik on national tv.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Rockets are the guy on the right:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dav1K5xvUhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Kind of what I think too, but I'd like to believe the worst right now haha

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

OKC's shooters are past due. I wouldn't gloat too much. Game 6 migh not be very pretty for Rockets fans.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think they're scared of us, this is a team with finals experience so they're definitely not scared. I do think it was a panic move by Brooks because he couldn't match up with the quickness. If he wanted to change momentum he could have gone zone or started doubling Harden on the catch, anything to switch things up. The fouling thing is only a good strategy if you have a player that is mentally weak.

8. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

honestly, i think Durant knew he usually says it wrong.
    i don't think it was a premeditated dig.

he probably calls him A SHEEK instead of AHHH Sik
    and forgot which was which in the moment, didn't want to mispronounce it.

its frustrating to loose
    and more frustrating to loose your #2 player and your chances at a title.

9. heads.up

heads.up Member

No kidding, Thabo is usually respectable from the 3 point line and K-mart is straight money. These 3's that they are getting are not heavily contested 3's...they are very, very wide open. Not sure what's going on, but I like it, and I hope it continues until the series is over.

10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Well then take away Fisher and Jackson's 3s, because they are hitting the ones that Thabo and Martin usually make.