1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There Was An Offer from Detroit for TMac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieDentist, Nov 12, 2008.

1. fayesun

fayesun Member

I think Morey has his reason for not doing the deal.
    I believe in Morey.
    At least his amazing insight has brought us nice young players such as Brooks and Landry.

2. thesaint

thesaint Member

Rip/Sheed for Tmac
    Billups/Prince for Tmac
    Billups/Sheed for Tmac
    Rip for tmac

I would do any of those trades in a hearbeat!

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Chemistry would've been ugly. Artest and Sheed? Bones to be broken. Lawsuits to be settled.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I hate to trade away Rockets players that have contributed heavily to past success. But, damn, that deal is too good to pass up. T-Mac would probably have an easier shot of advancing past the first round in Detroit anyways. It's good for him, and (I think) good for us.

Rasheed would be an expiring contract, so we free up about 10 million for the summer. I see no good reason for us not to do that deal. I'm really doubting that Dumars offered it.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

What success?

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I'm with you.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Well, you know. Regular season success.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Way too early to trade one of your big pieces. Seriously, the 22 win streak was just last year with T-Mac leading the way. He may not have shot well, but he impacted each and every game. Rockets have a history of starting off the season slow so I'm not that worried. For as bad we we've played, we still won games.

9. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Are you saying Morey is an idiot?

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Hamilton would be perfect for this offense.

11. Pocket Rockets

who said anything about morey turning the deal down? How do we not know that det decided to turn it down?

12. killlogan

killlogan Member

after he joins pistons, tmac will go back to three where he feels more comfortable. Prince and Rip for tmac, sounds nice doesn't it? with great mid-range shooting skills to post up, Rip's gonna be more helpful than tmac.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I doubt Sheed and Rip for Tmac giving up two starters for an aging star who has seen better days, I could see one or the other but not both of them. Morey would be crazy to turn this down.

14. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

dang thats a scary good lineup. if it gets offered then that would be hard to reject. i love tmac. hes the heart and soul of this team but if we could pick up 2 great starters with all star ability then we need to pull the trigger.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They could still do the trade. Free up enough space to sign 2 Lebron's.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

OH Man, Rip AND Sheed? I so would have done that.

IMO Tmac is done, and he isn't going to go any higher.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No way..

I'd still take TMAC over chauncey and sheed. Regardless whether TMAC is worth his $17 million contract, Chauncey isn't worth $10 plus million or whatever he makes.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

thats like an all-star team (minus rafer). of course you do that trade.

i seriously doubt detroit offered that tho. unless isaiah thomas got a new job in detroit.

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

I wouldn't do it for rip and rasheed but billups and rip would've been good either way billups would have to be included for me to make the trade and if that was on the table I would have to think about it. Imagine billups artest yao rip n battier now that sounds like a bad squad right there.What yall think

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why would the deal be off the table?

Rip got extended; but I think he can still be traded. If the trade went down now, it would make more sense in the overall scheme of things; Detroit would not have the luxury of Rasheed coming off the books next year but would be WAAAAY under the cap in the summer of 2010. With Rip already extended, the deal would make more sense; Detroit's intentions would be pretty clear, and they would have done right by Rip.

From the Rockets' perspective? They could re-sign Sheed for a few years at a more reasonable contract (he IS almost 35), giving cap room to re-sign Artest.

Downside? Artest-Sheed-Rip = big talent, but even Rip gets a ton of technicals.