1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Theo Ratliff Signs with Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 22, 2010.

1. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

WTF? THIS MOFO IS HIGH @#$%!!!

Calm down buddy :rolleyes: . You got your opinion, I got mine, no need to turn into a ballistic midget over it.

Farmar and Brown are overrated, they have proved nothing. Barnes > Brown, Blake >

2. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

How, he pratically won alot of games for the Lakers last season when Kobe went down.

He is underrated if you ask me.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It aint my opinion brother, its fact!

Brooks vs. Blake

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H08QlVTud24&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H08QlVTud24&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Look how he went by Blake with ease, almost like he was toying with him.

Brooks vs. Fisher

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDHtZS7ufFI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDHtZS7ufFI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Congratulations Lakers, now Brooks will own both of your point guards, not just one!

4. blunto

blunto Member

I kind of doubt the Lakers' top priority this off-season was to find a way to slow down Aaron Brooks. :rolleyes:

At PG, they are probably happy to have upgraded to a backup who can (somewhat reliably) shoot the three and can actually run the offense.

5. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

Wtf are you smoking? LOL

Blake>Farmar
    Farmar very very inconsistent, Blake on the other hand can hit shots and will play solid D - other then Farmar who wants to play the traditional PG role
    UPGRADE

I'm a Laker fan and they've improved from the bench standpoint.
    Barnes>Brown (offensively better?) just beause Brown put a few good posters down doesn't mean he is offensively better. Barnes can slash, open the floor up, and most importantly hustles.
    And this doesn't take away the possibility of Shannon still re-signing
    UPGRADE + possibility to keep Shannon

Theo or Mbenga is irrelevant considering they'd get limited minutes playing behind Bynum, Gasol, and LO

Other things to take in consideration is Kobe will be fully healthy again, Pau taking the summer off, Bynum getting surgery, and our core has been through it. Plus there's that Phil Jackson guy too.

So ask any majority of Laker fans - it's an improvement (maybe rocket fans) don't wanna admit it like the Artest addition last year, that turned out pretty well for us to.
    :grin: [/b]

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

if you watched the playoffs, barnes couldn't hit a layup, he was horrible. What has he proven? That no team has wanted for more than a season? Atleast brown has contributed to a championship team.

Not sure how much theo played in that sweep but I don't recall him doing anything of significance. The spurs released after he couldnt out play matt freakin bonner. Spurs were dying for some defensive presence to atleast relieve tim for 10 mins a game and he was worthless.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think it's a good signing, Theo being brought in to play some D. Gotta hand it to them, Blake will knock down all those open looks. Barnes another tough minded defensive wing and Ratliff can play spot minutes for D also. Solid additions to an already championship team.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ratliff isn't going to play a full season, never does. He's a name player who has been D-O-N-E for a while!

9. adoo

adoo Member

yip, Blake has a more dependable jump shot and a better defender. Famar is a shoot first guard, his true talent has been limited by the triangle. he fits better in another system.

just my opinion, Shannon Brown is ~ 5 yrs younger and will get a better and longer contract. to the extent, i say Brown is worth more. but Brown, for his own career growth, needs to be a starter. Because he has already experienced wiinning the ring twice, he, most likely, will go where he has a chance to start.
    correction, most NBA fans would opine that, overall, the Lakers' roster has improved.

10. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Matt Barnes is inked in LA too

11. mazyar

mazyar Member

Every Laker role player in the recent past looked good when they played with the Lakers. And when they left they Lakers every saw that they were overrated. Look at:

Turiaf
    That one 6'5" PG who left for the Heat and was out of the league in 2 seasons (can't remeber his name)

Shannon Brown will be no different. He is now overrated since he played in the Lakers system.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Crittenton? Smush?

13. mazyar

mazyar Member

Yes Smush Parker.