1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The XFL is coming to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

At least it's not BattleHawks.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze and MadMax like this.
  3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

New best football team in Houston

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My guess is they were concerned about getting sued by the Titans had they used that color scheme with this name and logo.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member

Go rednecks!!

tmoney1101 and Hank McDowell like this.
  6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm in if they make this the official fight song...

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just saw this. F*** this guy. He was one of the first to go to Bud Adams and say he would help in any way to move the team and the transition. One of the few guys I'd have little problem getting assault charges on.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

How can you sue over colors? All the NFL gave Shithead Adams was that no team IN THE NFL would have the rights to the Oiler name, logos, etc.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

I like the name "Roughnecks" and the history behind it, but everyone will call us the rednecks.

Call them the Oilers. Again, Adams family only has rights from an NFL standpoint.

UTSA2step and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Adams family would actually have legal standing. The NFL sued Baltimore and the CFL and won when they tried to name the Baltimore CFL team the Colts. They at least add "CFL" (Baltimore CFL Colts) to the official name, used a completely different logo and added silver to the color scheme. Didn't help, they still lost and became the Stallions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Stallions

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

F*** the Adams family. That vile lucky sperm did literally nothing his entire life and joined Lamar Hunt, just by giving him 50k of his Daddy's money.

They are all **** and deserve nothing. I'd fight them tooth and nail. I guarantee the kids are lazier than their horrible father and won't put up much of a fight.

12. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you, but I guarantee you, the NFL would...and they'd win. NObody hates Bud Adams more than me. I'm constantly setting the more ignorant people that whine about poor Bud Adams straight. Absolutely f*** him and his garbage heap of a family. But it is what it is. I think Vince and the XFL were VERY careful about the color scheme and making sure the logo wasn't too close to the classic derrick.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ya I agree. Don’t think most ppl know that term. **** it. Xfl... how serious can this league really get? Could be done in 3-4 year s.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Win

Win Contributing Member

Bring back Mouse Davis and/or June Jones. Toni Fritsch too.

csj and No Worries like this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

I fought my last employer & won. Get good lawyers. The NFL won't hire the best because they don't give a ****. Neither do the Adams morons. We can and could win this easily because we are the only ones that actually care about it.

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

And the NFL only "cared" because Shithead Adams was a bigwig with a whopping 50k invested. FFFFF that guy!

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My God, the primary is great, the secondary sucks something terrible.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's not just the colors..it's the combination of the logo and the colors that could create the problem. When filing for a trademark protection, color is among the considerations for what makes your "brand" unique and worthy of protection. The last thing the XFL needs is to be spending money on anything other than the product, itself. Having said that, I'm totally in agreement with you...I would have loved to have seen them go all in on it.

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You're not really making this comparison are you? The NFL has an entire department full of lawyers whose sole job is to make sure their licensing/trademarks are water sealed. They're not calling Jim Adler, or any other lawyer for that matter to handle this. Simply put they're isn't going to lose a licensing/copyright battle, especially to the XFL out of all people.

As far as the Adams, they own the Houston Oilers name and trademark. This was from 2 years ago when someone photoshopped D-Hop in a throwback uni and someone asked them about it:

It won’t happen. Amy Adams Strunk—daughter of Bud Adams, the man who founded the Oilers in 1960 and moved them to Nashville in 1997—told Titans beat reporter Paul Kuharsky that the prospect of the Texans playing in Oilers uniforms wasn’t even up for discussion. “Very interesting, except the Oilers don’t have anything to do with the Texans,” she said. “So that’s a hard no.” Strunk’s statement is correct from a legal perspective. The Texans and Titans are distinct businesses, each controlling their own intellectual property and trademarks.

You think they're gonna start letting the Houston franchise of the XFL start putting that on t-shirts and stuff?