1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

She was awesome to me before her "The Man" gimmick, she's playing the tweener role so well to me, pretty damn over

I enjoyed the Rumble. Loved how the Woman's Rumble turned out, I was worried how it was going to be without the legends, surprise gimmick. Loved how they had a ton of NXT to shine especially Rhea, Kacy, and Lacy. Cool to see Candice be in it, then Gargano in the men's Rumble. Finn did as well as you could against Brock and sold it well. Sasha and even Bayley on last nights Raw had great matches with Rousey.

Any of yall believe Ambrose is done after Mania as reports are saying this morning?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

WWE fans are so starved for anyone that acts like a real ass-kicker instead of a Muppet Show character that when someone flips out and quits taking crap anymore, they jump on it like finding water in the desert. That said, Becky was always secretly the ace of the NXT women, being the most well-travelled and experienced of the bunch. I like her.

yaoistall likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

Looks like Dean Ambrose is leaving after mania. Contract is up.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Mania weekend is going to be insane. Wrestling business is booming my friends.

5. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Very interesting timing on Ambrose. So soon after AEW announcement, a couple days after RR. I WANT to believe it's a work, trying to dredge up interest in Ambrose after a lackluster heel turn, but who knows. Ambrose is one of the few characters who consistently brings the intensity in everything he does. If AEW somehow pulled him away, it would be huge.

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I think her promos are outstanding. I love “The Man” persona. She made herself when she still delivered the beat down on Ronda w/ a broken face via Nia Jax. Her Last Woman Standing w/ Charlotte was a legit 2018 top 10 WWE match. In a weekend with 4-5 really outstanding matches, she helped put together the best women’s match

7. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

I agree. It's why I love watching PPVS from the 90s. Just feels like there were so many bigger than life personalities, something today's WWE is sorely lacking. Too scripted. Let folks be themselves...

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Nia Jax d. Dean Ambrose at WM. Book it

9. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

10. VanityHalfBlack

Kenny vs Moxley gonna be lit when that happens. Both those styles mesh well in the indy circuit.

11. body slam

body slam Member

Hideo Itami (KENTA) has asked for his WWE release

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. VanityHalfBlack

Where is Kenta going to go though? He is a shell of his former self. I did like the 205 match on the preshow rumble with murphy in them. That was a good match.

13. body slam

body slam Member

back to Japan return to Noah or maybe try New Japan

14. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Anyone going to Elimination Chamber? I like the way the card is shaping up so far. Hoping to get a Rey v Andrade match on the card. Those two have been amazing. Would also be cool to see Dean in person in case he really is out the door.

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I think they're trying to stay on good terms with him because they want to hang on to that possibility that he'll come back in a few years to do a proper Shield reunion, assuming Roman comes back healthy. The release is their way of saying "We're sad he's leaving but we still like him and hope he'll be back when he's ready." Much nicer than the clipped "wish him well on his future endeavors" stuff they usually put out.

17. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

first time commenting in the thread since Ive been a member

but im curious as guys who obviously follow pro wrestling, where does this ppv promo rank for you all-time. I was in middle school when this promo happened. . Im not gonna lie I stopped watching wwe around the time cena became the show with corny rap persona. Was this pro wrestling at its peak, or was their another promo that shows that

18. Dave2000

Got my tickets after the Dec. Raw show, I'll be there near the club section, should be fun

Got my WM35 ticket also, booked my NY flight, should be a hell of an event. One thing I would suggest to any wrestling fan, go to an outdoor Wrestlemania. I absolutely loved Wrestlemania 33 in Orlando, that setup was amazing, expecting even more at MetLife this year.

#6498 Dave2000, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    yaoistall likes this.
  19. Dave2000

I still think Rock/Stone Cold WM17 is one of the best of all time

Along with Cena/CM Punk from MITB 2011

Punk's entrance for that match was insane

As far as anything recent, Ciampa/Gargano last year had some great promos during their trilogy of matches, Becky/Ronda are in the middle of having some epic stuff

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The Velveteen Dream after winning the upcoming Worlds Collide tournament on the Network challenged and defeated Johnny Gargano for the NXT North American Championship. After the match Gargano attacked Dream and submitted him and stole the belt posing with Ciampa at the top of the ramp, while giving a lengthy stare at Goldie. It’s unclear if they shot two seperate finishes too mess with the internet or if it’s called like it was shown