1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd hope not. He's 40. If they want a Mexican headliner, Almas is ready and waiting. Plus didn't he and Paige split recently? Could be weird. At least not have him on the same roster as Xavier, given Alberto's immaturity and temper.

Dave2000 likes this.
  2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Them having the crowd muted for most of the night really kills the hype for these matches

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That Brock/Reigns match was absolutely a **** show. Makes finishing moves absolutely worthless. I don't really understand what was the point of that ****. I started watching from Zayn/Owns vs Bryan/McMahon. Those matches were solid. What an idiotic way to end it.

Junkyard_Dog and DudeWah like this.
  4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Well, that was definitely a show of swerves. I can only guess that the booking of the match is more designed to try and get sympathy for Roman more than anything else but I don't know...

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What is the point of Roman Reigns now?

I think he could have worked as a "F You" champ for a while and at least he'd be there every Monday night. I'm tired of the Lesner thing honestly, shows up once a month, has an at best mediocre match with whoever he's feuding with, wins, repeat. He's buried almost all of their main event guys at this point, it's getting tedious.

Junkyard_Dog and DudeWah like this.
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Lesnar sucks. He's a part timer and he has a limited move set so he just does the same **** over and over again. I think he Wrestled on TV/PPV 6 times in between Wrestlemania's. He's like Superman, they make him so dominant to the point he becomes boring. The way they've built him up for so long, who can touch him? Everybody thought the WWE was setting up Roman becoming champ at Wrestlemania and I'm sure many are happy that it didn't happen. But if Roman isn't going to take the belt off Lesnar, who is? It needs to happen. It might as well be like there is no Universal Championship when the champ is barely there and never loses when he is.

7. VanityHalfBlack

One of the worst wrestlemania's imo.

DudeWah likes this.
  8. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

I thought it was a great show up until Styles v Nak, but six+ hours is too much. I didn't even watch Lesnar v Reigns. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

buffalobills!!! and DudeWah like this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

Almas is legit top 5 in wwe. Alberto is poop stains compared to Almas. I hope he is nowhere near any promotion tbh.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Apologies in advance for being such a mark, but I really liked this WM overall. I really liked it.

I think there are a lot of interesting angles being set up now. I still expect Lesnar to leave. He can just walk away and drop the title; they'll do a tournament for it and that will be interesting. Miz, Balor, Joe, KO can all be in it. Maybe Ambrose if he's back, maybe Roman. Maybe an NXT call up or two.

Honestly I don't know why people are mad that Reigns lost. I didn't want him to win. Had he won it would have been the result of 10 punches and 4 spears and the match would have still sucked. I'm wondering if last night signaled one of two things (or both): the end of the never-ending Reigns Babyface Push, or a lead to a Reigns heel turn.

Rollins with a title is good. Charlotte/Asuka was good (although where my Carmella cash in at?). US title match was lame but with Rusev eating the pin I'm seeing him challenging Mahal for the title soon. Daniel Bryan is back and is still at the top of his game. Rousey looked really good in the match (maybe she should do more fighting and fewer terrible promos?). The Taker/Cena thing was underwhelming but at least he moved better than he did last year. Strowman was able to entertain (and The Bar's time was up; I think Shamus is injured and needs time off). Womens SD title match was lame and IMO should have been even more of a Nia squash. SD tag match wasn't great but I'm hoping for a BB/Usos feud and a New Day split (can be a clean break; they don't need to fight each other). The Styles/Nak match was underwhelming but the payoff came afterwards. And I already talked about the main event.

This WM was a bit weird. But it was also good.

Dave2000 likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the rumors are true...

Then they are going to have him feud with Bobby Lashley. Which, is a horrible idea. I don't get why WWE has this fascination with guys they parted with or guys who left them years ago. Just have another guy walk in and dominate like Goldberg and Brock and Batista instead of pushing guys that are on the roster and need the push. At this point, CM Punk has the best long con gameplan of all. Leave WWE, do a little MMA, come back and have them book you as an unstoppable force. I don't mind Lashley and at this point, it's the only option they have other than bringing up a guy from NXT to challenge Brock (or have Brock just relinquish the title) because they have established that only Goldberg can beat him and no one on the roster can.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the biggest problem with that match was that both Lesnar and Reigns have such a limited set of moves. With Lesnar he does his suplex city gimmick and his F5 and very little else. With Reigns he does his superpunch and his spear and very little else. When you have a match that feels like it is just those 4 moves over and over again, it feels lame.

13. body slam

body slam Member

I can see them putting Brock in a 3 way match tonight with Reigns and someone else. That way they get the title off him with out him taking the loss.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they plan on pushing Braun, so maybe they strip him of his tag title and offer him a title shot instead. He's got nowhere to go in the tag team division and I doubt that make a wish kid is going to stick around.

That way you get a vacated tag title and you could get Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt into the mix. You also get a monster to replace the outgoing monster.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I haven't been keeping up with the product, but it's comical that Reigns has main evented Wrestlemania 4 f**king years in a row, and they still don't have confidence to pull the trigger on him beating Lesnar.

I'm guessing their "new strategy" is to try and get him sympathy so he will get cheered in next years Wrestlemania. I can't believe this company is so doggedly committed to one person. What has he ever done that is so impressive that it deserves this level of push.

And I actually like Reigns overall, but this s**t is just too much.

#6215 sealclubber1016, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They're going to strap a rocket to Nicholas and he's going to the top I tell ya!

But for me a solid Mania except for the last match. Also rumor is Lesnar and Vince got into a heated conversation after the match. Don't know if Lesnar went off script or something else.

The Rousey match was fun as hell. Had no idea what to expect from that match. Props to Trips and Steph for making her look good. I'd say Rousey will be Women's champion after Summerslam.

NXT Takeover as an overall package was absolutely better tho

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm with @Haymitch, I enjoyed this Wrestlemania, out of the past 3 I've been to, I'd put this second, WM33/Orlando first, and WM32/Dallas third.

Most of the show, if not all, went against the rumors/Meltzer reports. Asuka's streak ends, no heel turn from Bryan/Shane, Nakamura's heel turn, and Brock winning Hell, I was happy with even Elias' short performance, glad he got his WM time in without a match. Rousey mix match was pretty entertaining, even as far to say maybe match of the night along with Asuka/Charlotte.

The ONLY complaint I had was the Nicholas angle. I was hyped about a surprise announcement, anyone from Big Cass, Big Show, Lashley, Bray, Elias, Samoa Joe, but we get a kid instead....

So many angles to be setup for the new "season", and curious to see the call ups tonight, I'll be at Raw, scored some secondary tickets for $44 after spending $120 past 2 post WM Raws.

Tidbit about Superdome, it's shown it's age. The exterior is beautiful out side, but got to complain at the interior. The 600 sec had HIGH stairs, felt like I had do 2 steps at a time going up/down. The seats are the most uncomfortable chairs I've sat in, I know it was a 6+ hour show I sat through but damn, I'd probably prefer the plastic seats at MMP.

Can't wait for WM35 next year at MetLife, hopefully it won't be snowing.......

I'll do a full report/post when I get back tomorrow or Wednesday with WrestleCon, Axxess, Takeover, Raw recaps

#6217 Dave2000, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So Lesnar will fight Reigns again in Saudi Arabia this month. I'm guessing they're doing this so Reigns can win the title there and not get booed out of the arena. If that's the case, it basically wipes out every positive from the main event I was complimenting earlier.

Vince gonna Vince. I'm a dumbass for having hope.

19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

WWE is reporting that Lesnar has signed a contract extension and will defend the title against Roman in a cage at the Saudi Arabian event later this month. I'm guessing Roman will finally win that one, after he's hit with 15 F5's and 27 German suplexes and manifests the stigmata.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

And, you know, having Undertaker come back this year basically makes last years main event completely pointless.

I'm pretty sure that was a charity case and that kid is going to die soon. At least that's the feeling I got. Seemed like a nice gesture and I didn't mind that being the gimmick so that Braun essentially wins the tag titles by himself.