1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bray should have gotten this push a while ago, so I have no problem with him winning.

It was a good PPV overall. Everything happened exactly as I suspected it would though, which is kinda disappointing. I like to be surprised.

Good:

EC match was very entertaining.
    Naomi finally got the title, which is great cuz she's (IMO) the best female wrestler on SD.
    Harper/Orton match was great, which tbh is what I expect from Harper pretty much any time he gets a real match. He's good.
    Tag gauntlet was decent enough.

Bad:

Natalya / Nikki. Who cares.
    Apollo Crews continues to be used incorrectly. They should have him turn heel and partner with the Miz. They're basically exact opposites in style so that'd be an interesting team.
    Becky / James was alright but no resolution, and I'm less than pumped about that rivalry.

DudeWah likes this.
  2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I think Orton/Harper was the match of the show

John Cena's WM plans have gone from a WWE Title match vs Orton in the main event to likely a mixed tag with Nikki vs The Miz & Maryse. Lol

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Bailey wins the strap.

Are they trying to get Charlotte to 17 title reigns on or before Cena?

Willing to bet she'll take it back at Fast Lane. (especially given they are keeping Charlotte undefeated at 'PPV's'

All they are doing is devaluing the title in their rush to rewrite their own history.

I miss the Golden Era of the 80s and early 90s. Back to YouTube to watch some more of Richard Land channel.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I imagined Bayley winning the title as a Big Four PPV type thing.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Yep. Could have been done well if drawn out long enough.

The last thing they actually saw through properly was the D-Bryan run at the gold culminating in Mania 30. And how glorious was that moment, even if predictable.

Now - even when they have something with potential like Bailey - it's rushed...

It's like they actively want to avoid creating those special moments that make wrestling what it is. Or at least, what it is meant to be.

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The moment everyone knew Bayley/Charlotte was going last, it was a guarantee Bayley would win the title. But yeah, won't be shocked if they keep this "streak" going at Fastlane.

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

And also, when I saw KO's lack of enthusiasm, I had that feeling he would turn on Jericho. That "talk" from HHH had something to do with it IMO.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Bayley/Charlotte is the first great women's match of the year. Something about Bayley winning titles makes me tear up a little. I'm glad someone else is finally in the title lineage after 3 Charlotte & Sasha reigns.

I loved this RAW and it felt big. Owens really got back his true heel heat. Thinking HHH helps him out against Goldberg. Jericho vs Owens is def happening at WM, hopefully it's for the Universal and not US Championship.

Joe vs Zayn at Fastlane should be good.

The future of RAW is HHH's NXT heel champs Owens & Joe vs HHH's NXT face champs Rollins & Balor & Zayn

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

It's so sad to see the friendship end but they did it perfectly. I really hope KO retains at Fastlane, Goldberg/Brock doesn't need the title.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

It would be pretty sweet if HHH starts a faction with Joe and KO, then they some how have their own feud down the line

I did like Bayley winning the title but it's inevitable Charlotte is winning it back as Fastlane, was thinking there was going to be a Sasha turn at the end of the match, but happy they gave Bayley her moment.

11. Dave2000

Someone made a remix video of the "My Sacifice" mix tape from back in 2001, its effing beautiful....

side by side comparison with the 2001 version

K-Low_4_Prez and DudeWah like this.
  12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Sasha probably turns heel at Fastlane to cost Bayley the title and set up a triple threat at WM with Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley or Fatal Four-Way w/ Nia

I like most of the projected WM card

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Looks like they're phasing out Mauro to have him replaced by Tom Phillips.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Smackdown is so dope haha they have been killing it since the brand extension.

Orton nealing to Wyatt is so crazy I'm really interested in where this is going and who wins the battel royal. Perhaps Luke Harper?

Than we get Ambrose vs Corbin which was put over very well at the chamber. Corbin stands out to me as a guy that has improved quickly and has a good idea of how to play his character, he could easily be the guy they wanted Reigns to be 5 years from now.

And idk whats going on but I swear Miz is doing something with Daniel Bryan at Mania I mean Im hoping for a match obviously but we'll probably get something less than that. But its still been a great storyline.

And that brings me to AJ and Cena... This is hands down the feud of the year. I'm glad they are taking it all the way to Mania and I can tell Cena really respects AJ and I think he wants to pass the torch to AJ (I know AJ is old lol) so that he can carry that brand like he has been this whole year while Cena moves further out of the week to week programing. Give them 30-40 minutes at Mania, let AJ get the win and I guarantee that steals the show.

DudeWah likes this.
  15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean if your comparing them dont forget that wasn't Bryan Daniels first title win... It was his third!

In fact that whole storyline of him winning at WM30 started when he won the title at Summerslam and lost it immediately to Orton. I think a lot of smart fans tend to not let the story be told to them they are trying to disect every page without having the context of the whole book.

If that makes sense haha... Just enjoy guys! It's wrestlemania season baby!

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

A Wyatt Family triple threat at WM would rule, hope Luke Harper wins the Battle Royal

17. Dave2000

I'm just confused where they're going with this #1 contender battle royal. Just weird they're giving a Royal Rumble victory away like that, if they wanted Bray win the title so bad, just have him win the Rumble, beat Cena at WM, let Bray have his WM moment. Just odd really, makes it where seeing Orton win the Rumble in SA meant nothing....

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't think it means nothing.... I think it furthers the story of Orton and Wyatt like we all felt like Orton was only half way in the Wyatts and having him give up his rumble victory really cements that he is brainwashed by Bray

DudeWah likes this.
  19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Lol, like Orton is not going to end up facing Bray and likely Harper (makes the most sense for him to win the battle royal)

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

It's pretty obvious to me that Orton doing this is all part of his master plan to lure Bray into a false sense of security.

He is the Viper after all. It plays perfectly into his character.

It will be Orton vs Wyatt at Mania. This is just a swerve in the road to build heat.