1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I'll be happy with the Rumble match as long as Miz doesn't win.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Did Cena give a heel sounding promo?

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I actually saw a fan scenario that had Miz winning in a very intriguing way. Miz gets #30 and as the counter hits 0 and he comes out, the last 2 guys in the ring (Goldberg/Lesnar) eliminate each other and he wins by default. Then on Smackdown, Daniel Bryan interrupts his celebration and strips his champs match because he didn't eliminate anyone. It continues their program and allows DB to bring in someone like Samoa Joe as a surrogate to make Miz earn a title shot. That will never happen but I think I could be entertained by something like that.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man, I love the Miz. He is an actual heel that people want to see get beat, which has been a proven draw forever. He doesn't get mixed responses, which can be said for very few people on the roster.

As good as a guys like KO and Styles are, the smarks all want to cheer them. It's the reason so few feuds have genuine juice these days. Faces get mixed responses and the heels get mixed responses, you end up with a very indifferent crowd They have a ready made super heel in Reigns, but like idiots they refuse to pull the trigger.

5 star matches don't sell pro wrestling. They are certainly very valuable and have their place, but what makes money is a star everybody cheers and a heel everybody wants to see get beat. A heel getting cheered isn't a good heel. It's one of the reasons NXT has fared so well, they have a good feel for the face/heel dynamic.

DudeWah likes this.
  5. SK34

SK34 Member

AJ styles better beat john Cena @ the Royal Rumble. Then lose it to someone due to ****ery at the Elimination chamber match. Let Cena chase it until Wrestlemania.

The Scenario would be great if;
    Aj Styles in some RR, then during elimination chamber have Cena pin Aj Styles but lose to someone's like the Miz as a placeholder for Cena. Miz has been on fire and I'm sure he can get more heat once he wins. Finally let Cena dethrone him at Wrestlemania.

Another scenario would be Cena pins Aj styles at Fastlane, Undertaker wins vs Cena. Triple threat match at Wrestlemania with styles, Cena, undertaker. Or Aj styles keep till Wrestlemania, triple threat, Cena pins undertaker.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haven't watched SD yet but am surprised to see talk of Miz winning the Rumble.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites. But winning the Rumble? I don't see it. I also don't see a Cena-Miz Mania title match.

DudeWah likes this.
  7. VanityHalfBlack

SD PPV always seemed to be more enjoyable than the Raw ones, that's for sure.

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

My guess for the 8 TBA's in the RR

1. Finn Balor (if James Andrews clears him this week)
    2. Seth Rollins (somehow)
    3. James Ellsworth
    4. Samoa Joe
    5. Kane
    6. Kenny Omega
    7. Shelton Benjamin
    8. Tye Dillinger

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Kurt Angle & HBK rumors are not going away either

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Anybody going to NXT tonight?

By the looks of what tickets are left, they didn't sell well, I'm seeing you can get straight off Ticketmaster/Live Nation floor seats, last rows in the back of each floor section for $20 (before fees), debating on going last minute

11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I plan on going; I bought my ticket on pre-sale back in December. It didn't sell as well as it normally does because it wasn't scheduled for a Fri. or Sat. (IIRC, it was on a Sat. when they were here in July last year).

Besides, it's my 1st event live since '99, so I'm very happy to be going!

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fixed

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

NXT is there tonight? Is it Takeover or a taping?

14. Beavis Stiffler

It's a house show.

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Omega announced tonight that he is going back to New Japan in February to negotiate a new one-year contract. I still think he might be swerving everyone and he shows up but it sounds like if he does go back to NJPW he intends to be in WWE after this contract, hopefully a mania match with AJ.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'd rather Omega not come to WWE at this point.

WWE has a lot going for it at the moment. And a lot of the talent from "the other guys" is ready to be called up. By that I mean Joe and Nakamura in particular and likely the Hardy's at some point.

Before I see Omega in the WWE:

• guys like Balor, Nakamura, and Joe need their time to shine for a bit.
    • The club actually needs to form in WWE.
    • There needs to be some long standing feuds going on. Smackdown is doing an awesome job of this lately. Raw to a lesser extent.
    • Gallows and Gun need to become tag champs.
    When these things happen, I'd like to see Omega debut as the cleaner. I think the stage would be set perfectly at that time.

The club needs to be what the NWO was. I'd liken Styles, Balor, and Omega to shorter, more talented versions of Hogan, Hall, and Nash. While Gallows and Anderson are better enforcer types than the chumps in WCW.

I mean that's just one scenario (that likely wouldn't happen). But just imagine the feuds that would be possible.

My biggest gripe with modern American wrestling is the lack of dominant factions. Wyatts are still a joke. And there is no one else.

Anyway most of this was a huge tangent. But I still think there is a little bit more time until Omega should debut.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. Dave2000

Great show last night, I treated myself to last min tickets front row, and loved every minute of it. Easily best match of the night was Akira Tozawa/Andrade Cien Almas match. Was able to grab a few pics after the show when they went to their bus with Alexander Wolfe, Cedric Alexander, and DIY.

https://goo.gl/photos/PTe1XnfBEgwgPb7X9

Obligatory Asuka pic for @VanityHalfBlack and my favorite view of Peyton Royce :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5257 Dave2000, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    vinsensual and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

^ hot hot hot!!! Was Fine ass Mandy Rose there? I figured I didn't buy tix for the houston one since I'm 50/50 on going to the Takeover tomorrow in San Antonio. I forgot guys like Cedric,Tozawa still do house shows.. I'd buy tix for that... How was the main event??

19. Dave2000

Naw Mandy wasn't there, Aliyah was, but wasn't on the card, saw her head to the bus after the show but didn't go to the fans. I bought mine last min, waiting on these first row floor seats to drop on Stubhub, never did, so I got them for $95, don't regret it at all. I'll be at Takeover, should be a good card. Main Event was entertaining, lots of chants of "Royal Rumble" "Perfect 10" for Dillinger, it was great

#5259 Dave2000, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

AJ and Sasha will be doing separate meet and greets at 10am on Sunday.