1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I could see him making his debut but I really think Taker wins... Which leads to a few possibilities but I'm hoping we end up with a Cena Vs Styles Vs Taker main event at Mania.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Is it official that Angle is going to be in the Rumble match too?

And also just heard AJ Styles got jacked at the Little Rock performance. They stole $8k, a Xbox 360, and other items. Hopefully the AJ Styles shirt I recently bought will help him recoup some of those losses, haha

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Its hard for me to see Taker in a title match, but who knows. He could win it and then hold it till Survivor Series for is final match and drop it.

I can definitely see Goldberg fighting for the Universal Title at Mania in a trip threat. Maybe Roman, Goldy, and KO/Strowman(plus Rollins if they decide to go with a Fatal Four Way)

4. VanityHalfBlack

That's fukked up.

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Triple H announced the next tournament on the Network will be a Woman's tournament with women from around the globe with the hopes of strengthening the divisions on Raw & SD

Taker wins the Rumble I see him in a match with AJ & Cena

Rollins wins I think he goes into WM as champ vs HHH

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean I look at it as Taker is doing his last run and whether that's this year or next I think he will probably get in the title picture at some point before he calls it a career. Plus with a triple threat he doesn't even have to carry a match I mean Cena and Styles can carry Taker to a 5 star classic at this point.

And I think Cena has earned the Taker match and I think Styles has earned the main event this year. So why not throw it all together?

I see Goldberg and Lesnar both costing each other the Royal Rumble and setting up their match at Mania. Owens vs Jericho seems like its headed to mania. Reigns will end up facing Strowman. Rollins and Triple H seems logical and that just leaves out Finn... He is the real wild card in this whole thing, I could easily see him returning at the Rumble and getting a shot at KO at Mania.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If the rumors were true that WWE creative wanted a Mania main event that could contend with Okada - Omega, I think the triple threat is a very good idea. To me it's uniquely western, since I don't see it often/ever in any Japanese matches. It lets a part timer get carried by two better workers, and allows for creative spots and frantic finishes.

But at this point what match closes Mania? Universal title, world hw title, or a part timer match? Lesnar has closed out the last two joint PPVs, with squashes in both Summerslam and S.Series. I think Styles is a necessary piece if they want a 6* Mania main event, but they don't value the Smackdown title over Raw.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

And there's Nakamura's possible debut too. Itami's supposedly healthy, so that tier of near contender level guys is filling up if Nakamura loses the title to Roode and gets called up. It's Nakamura, the clock is ticking.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Strowman will win and it will suck. Reigns vs Strowman headlining Mania is ****.

Still could be a good Rumble match though, what with the debut of Joe and return of Finn.

At Mania:

Strowman / Reigns
    HHH / Rollins
    Taker / Finn
    AJ / Shane
    Cena / ______
    Probably Jericho / Owens

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Stroman (who I will say has improved being in better matches, the Zayn Last Man Standing was super good on both ends) he's not jumping from a fued with Zayn (He may not come out on top of) into a Universal Championship match at WM. It's really down too KO, Rollins, HHH, Taker, Reigns, Balor, Jericho (in a long shot) in the main event picture.

Rusev, Stroman, Zayn, Cesaro, etc is still that next group.

I think the WWE Championship should always main event. If WWE wants the hype of something like Okada-Omega, AJ/Cena/Taker or the HBK rumors that seem to be gaining steam vs AJ would be dream matches.

HBK also said he wishes he could have worked with Joe and would enjoy being in the ring with

11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

AJ/Cena/Taker or AJ/HBK & Cena/Taker
    Rollins/Triple H (Universal)
    Goldberg/Lesnar
    KO/Jericho
    Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha
    Stroman/Reigns bathroom break
    IC Ladder Match

I have no clue what the tag teams belts, US title, CW title, SD women's title.

Pre-Show matches should be PPV card worthy

Kam likes this.
  12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

At least right now I think Lesnar/Goldberg closes out the show, and it has the possibility to be good but not great. Hopefully Goldberg is working on his conditioning and Lesnar is trying to shape up so they can actually work a non-squash match. If they can repeat the same kind of buildup that they had for survivor series there'll be lots of hype.

Except for calling Raw the "A show" there's been no outright declaration that the universal title is the top belt. So they can tuck Roman vs Strowman away from the end of the card.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think the possibility of matches we can throw out now shows how much better the roster has become over the last year. It also helps people staying healthy of course. Hell I had completely forgot about Finn Balor until a poster mentioned him above :oops:

DudeWah likes this.
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What a badass nostalgic ending.

Goldberg. Lesnar. Undertaker.

Nice!

javal_lon likes this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

I hope all three of them get eliminated by Braun Strowman.

16. VanityHalfBlack

The Royal Rumble cards are very Pro Raw. I hope AJ vs Cena steals the show and probably will.

DudeWah likes this.
  17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I have no clue who wins the Rumble with Seth losing his spot thanks too HHH. Probably someone not advertised (Joe, HBK, Shinsuke, Kenny The Cleaner)

DudeWah likes this.
  18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The Rumble is so unpredictable this year and I love it. It could be from any 3 of the part timers to Braun Strowman(please no) to someone like Balor or Joe to even Kenny freaking Omega.

DudeWah likes this.
  19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Jim Ross calling the RR, one of the best booked PPV's in a very long time

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yeah it's pretty annoying. All Raw can talk about is the "royal rumble match" while Smackdown is pushing all their feuds and Elimination Chamber. Did they pump this phrasing of "royal rumble match" so much in the past?

The conspiracy theorist in me is also hoping for Omega to debut. I swear they didn't acknowledge the Japanese titles specifically before this week or last. Now they say NJPW this and IGWP that.