1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Styles totally ruled that TLC. He needs serious competition on SD now with Ambrose out of the way and Bray & Orton with the tag belts

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

This was such a throughably enjoyable RAW and there was so much great and important stuff to take from it

Rollins finally challenging Triple H but saying he has to take the title from Owens to get to him was cool. Rollins/Triple H at WM could be a Universal title match

Zayn/Owens always put on a classic

Perkins/Swann was CWC good

Gallagher getting a quick easy win over Daivari and only showing about 20% of the stuff he did in there much lengthier match on 205 (including his real finisher) is smart, he can gradually unveil it and stay original whenever he gets TV time.

The video editing on the Sasha/Charlotte no DQ match + that Sasha promo made me tear up as much as watching Bayley/Sasha in the 1st Takeover:Brooklyn. This is the fued of the year since last WM.

The WM women's triple threat, SummerSlam, Hell in a Cell, that no DQ match. They exceed expectations everytime while working entirely original matches. I cannot wait for the Iron Woman match and I think it tops Sasha/Bayley's

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'll be at Smackdown tonight, probably last TV event till we get Survivor Series weekend in November

with my IC belt....:) Black Friday sale FTW!!!!

[​IMG]

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't want to rewatch Raw to confirm, but I think they said Survivor Series tickets going on sale next week, and package deals are going on sale before that. That raw was ok, really underestimated how alluring Lana can be, and I'm hoping the KO/Y2J tension is a work.

5. Dave2000

Packages went on sale today, pre-sale for people attending Smackdown tonight when the show ends just for Survivor Series though, I'm sure they'll be a presale code also for online purchase, public sale will be Friday

The others, NXT, Raw, Smackdown will probably be sometime at the end of summertime

6. VanityHalfBlack

Austin Aries just buried and completely murdered TJ Perkins on commentary. Best part of 205 Live tonight.

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I love his commentary. He just rips on everyone and has zero interest showing any excitement on what's happening. It's just a matter of time before he turns on the CW champ

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That's good to hear the commentary was good because 205 itself wasn't all that to me. Too many rest moves for cruiser weight matches IMO. Enjoyed Smackdown, the crowd was fairly good but nothing compared to when RAW was last here.

Also was able to score Survivor Series tickets after the show. I'm thinking of getting NXT and/or RAW tickets for that weekend as well when they are available. Thought about doing the package but it seems cheaper to do it separately for me personally

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't go to Smackdown but it felt like a lame one watching from home. Once AJ came out with a boot on I knew it'd be a bit of a letdown.

On a related note my wife bought me a James Ellsworth shirt. I didn't really want one but now I have it. So there's that.

10. Dave2000

The Raw from August set the bar high, Smackdown is still being viewed as the second rate show even though they've been good at storylines since the brand split. It was a letdown that AJ wasn't going to fight that night, but thought it was still a decent card. It's good to see Orton looking like he's having the time of his life with the Wyatts, I hope that last. The dark match after 205 had the Wyatts vs. Ziggler/American Alpha. Orton teased an RKO on Luke Harper, but threw us off and all 3 posed on each side of the buckles.

After Smackdown ended, was crazy to see about 1/3 of the crowd left, they even announced the dark match while they were setting up the ring. Those workers changing the ring were taking forever, even when Noam Dar was walking down the Titan Tron, there were at least 12 workers still trying to change the ring. Heard they let people move down in the camera side section since so many left early.

Looking forward to NXT Takeover/Royal Rumble next month, should be fun

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It sounded like Ellsworth got a majority of boos when he appeared in the main event. If so, I don't blame them; I think he's borderline overexposed. I get that his interference last night and Sunday was to push storylines, but man it ruined an amazing TLC main event.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The Ellsworth stuff has been fairly entertaining to me for the most part, but I was SO happy I didn't have to watch him wrestle last night. Dean coming out and giving him Dirty Deeds in the opening was great

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

Ellsworth as heel could potentially be broken matt hardy TNA gold. Daniel Bryan got this!!

14. VanityHalfBlack

Also, where is Eva Marie? If Ellsworth gets this much stage time, should double that with Eva on her return. Overexposed that!!

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

WWE should wake up and always strive for the successful operations at TNA

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Her fictious movie is being filmed aka she's getting stretched out by Asuka in the performance center

17. omgTHEpotential

Hey guys, I'm not really a WWE fan anymore, but I used to really enjoy it when I was at 7th or 8th grade when the Evolution (HHH, Batista, Flair) vs Orton feud was going on. I've noticed this thread and thought that it might be interesting to pick it up again.

Could someone list me some cliffnotes of what has happened since that Evolution/Orton feud?

18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Mickie James signed and will be added to the SD roster in January

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Obviously a lot has happened since then. I've only gotten back since 2014. It would be better if you ask what happened with specific people. Batista came back in the 2014 royal rumble, and it would be best if you watch from that until wrestlemania 30. Probably one of the best stories the WWE has told since the attitude era.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Damn, Paige went from the hottest,baddest chick in the company to a meth head. Del Rio to blame?