1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

That's the loudest crowd I've ever been apart of in at TC WWE event, the closest being Stone Cold's Hall of Fame induction in '09.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Did you guys do the NXT chant when Triple H came out last night? I'd definitely would have started that,hahah My favorite chant last night was the Slater Chants, and he's on tonight with Rhyno, YES!!!!

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Sincere my ass. He was giving that weird sly smile afterwards.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The headbangers are back on smackdown! Lol this should be interesting

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I hope it was just that once.

That Slater/Rhyno/Renee Young interview in his trailer was gold, and should be weekly. Rhyno got busted open hard in that match.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Really enjoyed that ending. They did something different. Showcased Dean Ambroses gimmick very well. Honestly don't want him to lose the title yet but we already know they want to make AJ Styles the champion. I think he retains at blacklash and the fued continues. Maybe they will make AJ Styles feud with Dolph saying neither could win, and Bray will join the conversation once again after beating Randy (hopefully) for a triple threat #1 contender match.

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yeah man, it was very telling just how excited that crowd was, even seeing on TV like I did.

I agree, I think they will put that title on AJ, but not so soon at Backlash like many might predict. They may make the move at No Mercy, but most likely (IMO) at Survivor Series. That way Dean enjoys a nearly 5 month reign, and AJ eventually gets that title belt.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I hope Sami Zayn takes the title eventually

9. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Tonight's CWC was amazing. Gran Metallik/Akira Tozawa could be the match of the night most nights, but it was topped by Kendrick/Ibushi. Go find it and watch it.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

WWE 2K17 is going to be the best WWE game until the Cruiserweights, Aries, etc are introduced in 2K18 probably with a slew of Eddie, Dean, Rey, Tajiri, Ultimo, etc

Overloaded with NXT: Asuka, American Alpha, Finn Balor, Bayley, Certified G's, The Revival, Samoa Joe, The Vaudevillains, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jaxx, Apollo Crews, Carmella, Baron Corbin, Blake & Murphy AND Shinsuke Nakamura

And AJ Styles

All of Goldberg's Classic fueds are in play; the Horsemen (Flair & Arn), NWO Wolfpack (Nash, Sting, Luger, Savage & Konnan), DX (Triple H, HBK, New Age Outlaws), DDP, Hart Foundation (Bret, British Bulldog, Anvil, Pillman)

Lita, Alundra Blayze & Trish too play against the new Women's division

Rick Rude, Bam Bam Bigelow, Ricky Steamboat, Vader, Stone Cold, Rock, Edge, Daniel Bryan, Cactus Jack/Dude Love/Mankind, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior AND Tatsumi Fujinami!

11. VanityHalfBlack

CODY RHODES IS HEADED TO NEW JAPAN BABY!!!! His first match is against the head butting maniac Shibata!!! Also, NXT is touring Japan in December, possible scouting reports????

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Also reading Cody to TNA and ROH

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I haven't watched wwe in like 8 years, I've been playing wwe 16 I'm xbx1 because it's free and it's been really fun. Decided to try to watch Raw tonight.

Horrible, the whole new day and the "how you doing guys" are beyond corny, really awful stuff.

And the champ being some chubby dork is weird too. Guess I'm too old for it, but I swear even when I was 10 wwe was never this corny.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Being a troll is the only thing that's really awful

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Out of curiosity, which guys did you play as on 2k16?

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I love the new looks of RAW and SD. It feels like a bigger version of NXT TV.

The start of Rollins being the #1 face on RAW. Bayley/Charlotte, Rollins/Jericho, Owens/Zayn. Bo Dallas finally getting back the spot that never should have been taken away

And these exclusive PPV'S are looking like NXT TakeOver's

Styles/Ambrose, Rollins/Owens, Charlotte/Sasha, Becky/Nattie/Alexa/etc etc, New Day/Club, Alpha/Free Agents, Bray/Orton

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Im forgetting the thing I'm most excited about

Gran Metalik, Jack Gallagher & Akira Tozawa promos on RAW. 2 WEEKS!!!

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Calling the show awful isn't being a troll, I just thought it was pretty awful. The Jericho match was solid but the rest were bad.

You don't think the new day group skit was horrible and corny? Thats not me hating on the new guys, used to really like Kofi, the segment was just bad.

I would list them but its probably over half the roster. I like variety, I do both the old and new wrestlers.

Although, I will openly admit I am likely biased towards liking the old wrestlers I watched as a kid, back when the DX vs Vince/Shane was going on, Lashley was one of my favorites, Rey Mesterio, Jeff Hardy, Kane/Taker, Cena vs Edge, ECW vs WWE etc

But honestly that has nothing to do with tonight being a really bad show lol, I don't mind watching matches with guys/story lines I'm unfamiliar with as long as its good action. If you guys think tonights Raw wasn't awful I would say you guys might be a little biased from following the current story lines and being fans of the wrestlers. Because the match quality was pretty poor, and the new day/how you doin skits where really kiddy/bad.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It was admittedly a raw that declined as the show went on. And nothing compared to how last week's raw ended. The best raw of the last 5 weeks has been the one where Roman didn't end it.

20. VanityHalfBlack

That was one of the worst raw shows I've seen so far. That new day/gallows Anderson segment almost made me want to kill myself.