1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Worst Rockets Year Ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Mar 27, 2016.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I didn't even mind the years we won under 30 games because at least you knew that was going to happen. I didn't mind the disappointments with the Yao-Tmac years b/c they were due to injury.

Based on last year, and supposedly getting better by adding Ty Lawson, this is by far the most disappointing year I've ever experienced as a Rockets fan. And yes, I'm very sorry, but I gave up. I haven't watched a game since February. And I've watched pretty much every game since 2004.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The Worst Rockets Coach Ever

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dork Elvis needs to swallow his pride.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Remind me of Kobe + Howard + Nash + Meta World Peace.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There are already a bunch of these threads.

6. TheresTheDagger

Exactly me except...

I stopped watching in December of this season.
    I had previously watched all but about a half dozen games since the year 1991.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Same here.

Given the talent level and expectations before the season began, this goes down as the most disappointing, ever.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Gasol was on that team as well.

But sadly, we are even more pathetic than that team.

9. Rocketeer4Life

I really hope Les understands and knows how frustrating this season is for his most loyal fans. At this point, the GM and coaches are just trying to keep their jobs. Rockets need a cultural and organizational change next season!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Most Viol(ating)ent Year

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We got it done without two more allstars

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You think this is the worst Rockets year ever only if you believed last season was supposed to be the norm. I didn't. So in a way, I am disappointed this season, but probably not as much as many of you.

That said, this is a very bad season for me not so much because of the mediocre records but the unlike-ability of this bunch of players. It is just difficult to root for these guys. If they were not wearing Rockets uni, I would despise many of the players on our roster. I turned from a Morey admirer to a Morey critic because this is the team he assembled.

1 person likes this.
  14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

You are not the only one. Love my rockets but they get flat F as a grade with the talent they have coming into this season. How this coaching staff and management are working professionally in a large market like Houston puzzles me.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Deeep

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I can't think of many NBA teams in my experience who have underperformed vs expectations this much without injuries being a serious issue.

Sure there are critics of last season who say going to the WCF was a fluke, but we are not even talking about playoff run. This team was the 3rd best in the league, second best in the West last regular season.

I can understand that the players gave up on McHale, fine. I can understand that their boy JB needs time to adjust, great. Ty Lawson flopped and D-Mo was out and Josh Smith needed to get acclimated, sure.

But why on earth are we in the least 20 games of the season still playing like a fringe playoff team? That's the most horrendous part of all this. We're STILL playing like an 8th seed right now. All the excuses are up. Why can't we put together a 5 game winning streak?

I've tried to stop watching, and I have never before tried to stop watching. But each time I watch, even in wins, there's nothing to say these guys are turning a corner and playing like a 3 or 4 seed. Maybe catching fire, maybe going on a streak. Maybe Dwight starts showing more energy again, maybe Harden starts averaging 10 assists for that usage rating, maybe Goudelock or Terry give us something off the bench. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

It's like expecting these guys have something inside them, but they're just hollow.

17. coweye

coweye Member

The Rockets remind me of soccer clubs like Man City or PSG. Just a bunch of players put together but no chemistry. Everybody is doing their thing. Ariza keeps banging his head against the wall called the 3pt shot and even players like PBev seem to lose their enthusiasm. In order to chase superstars Morey lost the focus on building a team. I found it interesting when McHale said that they were trying to figure out how to fit Lawson into the system. I am even not sure that McHale wanted Lawson on the team. Now the Rockets desperately fighting for a playoff spot. In a situation the Rockets were in few years ago when they had players like Dragic, Lowry or Camby. Maybe it is time to clean up get a coach and a GM who can build a team together.

18. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I don't mind bad teams. Just play entertainingly. I couldn't even stand the Rockets' style when they were winning.

1 person likes this.
  19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Definitely the lowest point in Rockets history

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

Yes
    There are no words to describe it.
    For every loss there is a new James Harden commercial so that's great I guess.